Chapter 25: The After

Start from the beginning

I chewed down the bite of my turkey sub and wonder my eyes around the cafeteria. My eyes went everywhere until they stopped on a specific table, a specific seat. Noah's seat.

I began to get this uneasy feeling as my heart started to ache. The same I felt when things ended. Three weeks had passed since I broke up with Noah in front of my house. Three weeks since I last saw him. Within those weeks I didn't take the whole situation well. I cried day and night and when I thought I couldn't cry no more I poured out like a waterfall. I stayed mostly in my room, to myself, I didn't even feel like myself at one time. It was bad. Thankfully with the help of my mom and Mia I managed to get myself together and get back up.

It has crossed my mind now and then how is he? Did he take the breakup as bad as I had? Did he move on? More specifically where is he?  Now that I think about it.. I haven't seen him at school for days now. Normally I would pass by him in the hall or see him hanging with the basketball team in the cafeteria, but no sight of him at all.

That's crazy. Noah doesn't missed school, ever. One time in eight grade he had a fever of 103.3 yet still came to school. When that happened to me before I made sure to stay my butt at home in my comfortable bed. Which goes back to the point that something isn't right.

Is he avoiding me? That's why he not coming to school, to avoid me?

Maybe he is just enjoying a vacation..with Olivia.

Oh hell no.

Maybe- maybe he-

"Cameron." I heard someone call my name, snapping me out of my daze. "Are you down or what?" Mia asked.

I wore a question look, squinting my eyes. "Down....."

"To go to the movies tonight."

"I'll see." I shrugged. "I got a lot of work to finish,a project to submit, and check back over my college applications."

That and I know going to the movies with Mia and Max only meant that they were going to be focusing on each other and each other only. As much as I love Mia and like Max; I don't like the idea of being a third wheel.

Mia sigh and nodded. "Well, if you change your mind your always welcome to come." I nod kn agreement and we finished up the lunch period.

But for some reason I couldn't help to not think about Noah's disappearance.

⁎ ⁎ ⁎ ⁎ ⁎

I pulled into my driveway after a very long, tiring day of school. Coming home with exhaustion was starting to become a routine of mines. School is getting harder week by week, year by year. Before in time it use to never be this stressful and exhausting; it was simple. But in my favor I only have to put up with it for a month and half. Then after it's graduation and bye bye high school! 

It's weird how everything flash before your eyes. It feels like just yesterday we became seniors and now we're becoming graduates. Either way I'm excited.

I gathered my backpack from the front passenger seat and open the car door when my phone buzzed in my jacket. I reached in my jacket pocket , grabbed my phone and checked to see who it was. My screen light up with the contact name 'Mom.'

Mom:
Hey sweetie, I was texting you to let you know that I have another double shift tonight and won't be home until late. I already made dinner and put in the fridge; all you have to do is heat it up. If you happen to leave the house to go somewhere let me know, please. Stay safe and have a good night. I love you.❤️

I smiled at heart warming message and responded back.

Me:
Okay, thank you and I will. Love u too❣️🙂

After I typed up the messaged, I got out of the car, shut the door behind me and made sure to lock the doors. As I was about to walk up the driveway into the house, I heard the front door of Noah's be slammed. Causing me to look over. Could that be that Noah? Was he at home the whole time?

I waited for the handsome, green eye boy to walk by any second now. But he never did. I only came in sight of Noah's dad instead. Mr. Johnson was walking to his car when he spotted me standing there, looking at him. I tried to look away but the fear and nervousness toke over. I was frozen.

"It's nice to finally see you again." He spoked in deep voice. I didn't care to respond back, so I turnt around and continue on walking to my front door. Ignore him. Ignore him. Ignore him. "Haven't seen you around Noah lately. Let me guess you guys broke up." By the way he said it, it sounded like he was happy about us not being a couple anymore. What an asshole.

I tried to block him out as I put the house keys into the door to unlock it. But the next thing he said cause me to halt and shake in my tennis shoes. "I would love to let him now I ran into you, but unfortunately he is out of plain sight... FOR GOOD."

⁎ ⁎ ⁎ ⁎ ⁎

________________________________

Oop. Noah seems to be missing. Do you guys think his father has something to do with it? Or he just disappear? Let me know what you guys think on these chapters I value everyone's opinion. Unless it's just plain disrespectful. Either way until next chapter. Love you all💜

Deal Of Love| #Wattys2019On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara