Chapter 55: Dating advice

Hi guys, long time no see. I'm so terrible sorry for all of you, who wait patiently for the next update on this story. I really tried to write the next part but school is still a huge distraction for my writing. On top of that, I have no idea what I should do with my life after this school year ends, cause it's my last year. I'm somehow standing in a dead end right now, but anyway, I'll figure something out eventually. 

Two months passed since Sonic asked Amy to marry him and they haven't told the others yet. They still waited for the right moment and they weren't in a rush. However, Amy had a hard time around Rouge since the bat girl seemed to know that she was hiding something from her. She even tried spying on Sonic and Amy again, in hope to find out something, however Shadow stopped her every time she tried to sneak out of the apartment. 

Shadow got quiet clingy during the last two weeks and he made sure that Rouge was always somewhere, where he could keep an eye on her, in case anything should happen. Rouge actually liked that overprotecting side of him, however it got quiet annoying after some time and Rouge could convince him (after days of discussions) to at least leave her alone whenever she is out with the girls.

Since the girls were out on a shopping tour, Shadow was staying at Sonics place to help the blue hedgehog looking after Dash, even tho he wasn't quiet happy about it. He also only agreed on staying with Sonic if Silver was joining them too. "Come on Shadow, it's just for practice. You will regret it later." Sonic said as he tried to convince Shadow to feed Dash. "No way, that's your kid not mine. Feed it yourself, I don't need practice." Shadow said with crossed arms while Silver sat quietly on the couch and watched them. "Fine then, come on Dash-" Sonic was about to take Dash to the kitchen as a sudden knock on the door interrupted him. 

"I wonder who that can be." Sonic asked while Shadow and Silver looked curious after him. "Oh, hey Tails wha-" "Please help me Sonic, I need your advice and that good for nothing Knucklehead is no help at all." Tails said as he stormed into Sonic's house with a talking Knuckles right behind him "Come on Tails, my plan is brilliant, it will work." "Sure, just come in." Sonic mumbled as his friends already made their way in the living room. 

"Hey guys what's up." Silver greeted them as he saw the fox and echidna enter the room. "Hi guys, I'm not quiet sure why we are in Sonic and Amy's house but I was giving Tails some dating advice." Knuckles said while everyone else looked at the blushing fox for explanations. "Why on Mobius do you need dating advice." Silver asked confused as Tails blushed more. "Yeah, and why the hell did you ask that idiot." Shadow asked, joining the conversation. "I would like to know the answers to those questions too. "Sonic said as he too entered the living room.

"Well um, it's not like I wanted to ask him. He just overheard something." Tails said as his cheeks were already as red as Knuckles. "I was practicing asking someone out in front of the mirror and he heard me." Tails mumbled embarrassed. "Exactly, apparently he wants to ask someone out and he has no idea how to do it." Knuckles said smirking. "And you do?" Sonic asked with crossed arms. "Sure I'm a genius in stuff like that." Knuckles said smirking.  

"Then how come you are still single?" Silver asked confused. "Don't listen to that blockhead, he has no clue." Shadow added from the sideline. "Yeah, whatever. Who do you want to ask out exactly." Sonic asked. "Um ... Cream." Tails said still with a face as red as a tomato. "I knew it." Silver said but Sonic ignored his friends and turned his attention on Tails. "And where's the problem in asking  her out. I know for certain that she likes you a lot." Sonic said remembering a conversation from Amy and Cream he listened to by accident.

"R-Really? ... Well than, how do I ask her to go on a date with me, and if she says yes, where should I even go?" Tails asked panicking. "Stop panicking and just ask her out the next time you see her, it's not that difficult." Shadow said as he sat on the couch with crossed arms and closed eyes. "Yeah but-" "Just take her somewhere where both of you could have fun, like a ice salon." Silver said interrupting Tails. "That or take her somewhere romantic." Sonic said.

"B-But where can I find a romantic place." Tails asked clearly clueless about all the dating stuff. "Well there is a certain mountain spot where I love to take Amy to. I even asked Amy to marry me on that place. Also doesn't Cream love the nature, so thi-" "Hold on just a second. I'm not sure if I heard you correctly but, did you say you proposed to Amy." Silver asked as everyone looked quiet shocked at Sonic, who sweet dropped after realizing what he just said.

"W-What, no ... I ... um, I meant ... where I asked her to be my girlfriend." Sonic said nervous as his four friends looked at their blushing blue friend suspicious. "I don't believe it you actually proposed to Amy AND YOU HAVEN'T TOLD US." Tails said clearly shocked about the news. "So when did you propose and what was her answer." Silver said joining in the conversation, Knuckles and Shadow too seemed interested. 

"Now hold on, I didn't mean propose I mean ... um-" Sonic was once again interrupted by the door. First relieved that his friends were looking curious towards the door instead of asking him question Sonic quickly panicked again as he heard Amy and the other girls voices. Before the girls could even set a food in the living room Silver confronted Amy and asked her the question he and the other guys wanted to be answered. "Amy! Did Sonic really propose to you?" As soon as Silver asked the whole room fell quiet, the only thing you could hear was Dash playing with his wooden blocks.

Amy looked immediately towards Sonic who muttered sorry but she staid quiet after that. "Wait, he did propose didn't he? Don't tell me I ruined the surprise." Silver asked thinking he just spoiled Sonic's proposal. "Um ..." "Don't tell me you rejected him." Blaze asked fearing the worst. "N-No, actually, Sonic let's just tell them. There's no point in hiding it anymore." Amy said seeing that Sonic and her couldn't talk them self out of the situation anymore. "Fine. Well, Amy and I are getting married." Sonic said and their friends immediately congratulated them.

"So, when's the wedding?" Cream asked excited. "We haven't decided a date yet." Amy answered as she showed Rouge the ring she got from Sonic. "You better pick a date where I'm not looking fat in a dress." Rouge said with crossed arms. "Don't worry Rouge, we aren't in a hurry." Sonic said.

Alright, hope you liked this chapter. I can't say when the next update will be but thanks for staying patient with my slow updates.