One last thing

By: Cyberwing

Sakura was a coward. She even admitted it herself.

That was why she locked herself in her room.

Today was the day of Sasuke's execution. Today, June 15, precisely at noon...

The clock indicated that it was already 11:15am.

For the past three years since Sasuke had left, Sakura had the whole scene where Sasuke came back to Konoha played out in her mind for more than she could count. Some scenes after that were ones which she considered as 'good-endings', they consisted of Sasuke playing the 'bad guy turned good' or the 'hero undercover who kicks the bad evil guys' butts'.

And of course, there were also the 'bad-endings', which consisted of Sasuke being dragged forcefully back into Konoha. These scenes involved interrogation, punishment and possibly torture.

Execution had been one of the scenarios...although Sakura tried not to think about it much.

When she was twelve, she saw Sasuke as a god-like figure-a handsome young boy with brains and talents. He was supposed to be invincible, Naruto can screw up all he wants, but no, Sasuke-kun could never screw-up. He was too smart and good-looking to.

She thought she had understood his stoic personality. After all, he had a tragic past, which involved the deaths of his whole clan. For her, Sasuke was simply a 'hero in distress', someone who just needed an 'angel' to 'save' his day.

And that angel should be her...at least in her imagination. All she needed to do was to give him love, attention, and time.

It would work, her twelve years old self was sure of it. She had the looks, she had the brain, and she was way sexier and prettier than Ino pig. What more could a 'hero in distress' need?

Hell anyone would've fallen in love with her.

Remembering her younger days...why can't Sasuke be more like Naruto and Lee? It would make things much easier.

However, if he did, maybe she wouldn't be chasing after him. If he acted like Naruto or Lee, then he wouldn't be the man she'd fallen in love with.

Because he wouldn't be Uchiha Sasuke.

She was supposed to save Sasuke from his pain and suffering.

He was supposed to fall madly in love with her.

They were supposed to live happy ever after together.

But who was she kidding?

Girls always like to go after the 'hard to get' targets

The more difficult the better.

It's a game really...

And Haruno Sakura was once a girl...

Her hope diminished as time pasted. The dreamer was soon replaced by a kunoichi. Sakura began to understand the situation better. If Sasuke were to return to Konoha, he would've done so a long ago. The longer he stayed with Orochimaru, the fewer reasons he has to come back to Konoha...except maybe to cause death and destruction.

If he left to look for power...then he would continue to do so until the day when he had successfully killed his brother.

The annoying clock kept ticking.

She was getting more and more anxious at each passing minute.

The man who she thought was invincible...