Can't stop the loving

Naruto was really nervous about going to Sasuke's house. What if his parents didn't like him? Well, actually, according to Sasuke only Itachi was home right now - but it was Itachi, Sasuke's genius brother. What if Itachi thought he was totally uncool? Naruto didn't know what he'd do it he embarrassed himself in front of Sasuke's relatives!

Naruto's teeth dug deeper into the pen nib he was chewing on, even as he glanced down at his watch to check the time for the nth time. Three hours left until the apocalypse began.

Oh god, what were brothers like? How was he supposed to act towards them? Itachi had already graduated from college, and was five years older, so he was a lot older...he wouldn't think Naruto was too immature, right? Well, sometimes Sasuke said he was - a lot of times actually - but he could be mature, too, when he wanted.

Really.

Inhaling a deep breath, Naruto attempted to re-focus his attention on the teacher again. Only two more classes after this one, then his day would be over, and he'd have to meet Sasuke's brother and not totally embarrass himself.

Actually, maybe he was too worried.

Maybe Itachi wouldn't be home at all. And then Naruto wouldn't have to consider how to interact with him at all. And everything would be fine.

Right.

"Oi, dobe!"

A husky voice called his name, and Naruto turned amidst the sound of fainting fangirls to see his best friend walking towards him.

For once, Naruto was too nervous to give a snappy comeback.

"O-oh, h-hey Sasuke, are we going t-to your house now?"

Sasuke stared at him, and scoffed.

"Don't tell me you're still nervous about meeting my brother."

"H-ha of course not, w-why would I be nervous about potentially offending your brother and getting myself banned from your house, and losing you as my best friend?" Naruto gave a shaky grin, confident that he'd managed to ad lib his nervousness.

Sasuke sighed and set a hand down on his friend's shoulder. "Look, Naruto, I really respect my brother - but you're my best friend, so even if he does disapprove of you, I'll still be your friend."

Naruto perked up. "Really?"

"Really."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Really?"

"...Shut the hell up."

Undeterred, Naruto launched himself at his best friend with a grin.

"I love you, 'Suke-chan!"

"Hn." Sasuke turned his head away to hide a blush.

The car trip to Sasuke's house was long and arduous, but even being driven in a luxurious limousine hadn't prevented Naruto from assuaging his own boredom by annoying Sasuke, and quickly reducing the latter to monosyllabic responses.

Still, exiting the car was like seeing the sun in the first time after a thousand years. Naruto immediately jumped out and stretched his arms to the sky.

"You should get an Xbox for your limo," he recommended Sasuke as he opened his eyes.

"Hn," Sasuke grunted, too worn out by Naruto's earlier pestering to expend energy for a proper reply.

The Uchiha mansion was just as impressive as it was the last time Naruto had gone over (and consumed half of Sasuke's snacks). Tall, fancy, and looking way too unnecessarily expensive for a single kid whose parents were on business trips almost all of the time, and whose brother had graduated early and already had his own job as a highly successful lawyer.