Chapter 20

After the long hours of trying on dresses I wanted to relax.

I ran a bath in the huge jacuzzi bathtub and filled it with bubbles. I removed my clothes and got into the warm bath. The water felt so good on my skin.

I pulled my short hair back and put it into a ponytail. I lay my head back and close my eyes.

This is the life, I could get used to this.

"Vanessa! Vanessa! Where are you?," a voice screams. "I'm here!," I scream back. "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought something happened to you... um there- you know it's not important," he says. I feel my face heat up and my hands slither under the water to make sure everything's covered.

The bubbles of course were on top and it covered my body but I still felt exposed. "Well Thanks? You can leave now," I say awkwardly. He stands still for a while and smirks. "Well you know, I was just thinking of taking a shower. Mind if I join you?," He says devilishly.

I feel my face get hot and I bet I'm beet red. A choked laugh came out and I stare at the bubbles. "Ha, maybe another day...... pal," I stutter. He laughs evilly and smiles. "One day. I gotta go handle some things. And by the way Natalie said she has a surprise for you," he says rushed. I nod my head and watch him leave. I let out a breath and I instantly relax again.

I hate the way he makes my breath hitch.

I get out of tub when the water gets cold. I wrap a fluffy towel around my body and walk out the bathroom into the bedroom. I grab the lotion and cream myself. I grab some of Seth's shorts and a big white shirt. I happily walk out the room and find Aiden sitting on the steps. "What are you doing baby?," I ask looking at his sad face.

"Sefie left," he mumbles. Seth left?

"He'll be back baby. Why don't we go get a snack," I say. He nods his head happily. I pick him up and place him on my hip. I find Brett on the couch asleep, Natalie is no where to be found.

I place him on the chair and look through the fridge. I grab the strawberries and the whipped cream from the fridge. I was craving something sweet and sugary and this will do. I place them on the counter and open the cream and strawberries. I dip one into the whipped cream and ate it hungrily.

"There you are." I jump slightly as a hand taps my shoulder. I turn around and come face to face with Natalie.

"You scared me. What's up?," I say catching my breath and take another strawberry.

"I was looking all over the house for you. I have a little surprise for you, well it's not little but it is... anyways here," she says rushed. She walks over the kitchen table and grabs a big box sitting on the floor. She shoves the pretty warped box into my hands and smiles like a fool.

No! I know she did not! The box had the name of the boutique we were at written all over it. I opened it and like I thought I saw the dress I loved.

"You have to return it," I say. She gives me a once over then shakes her head and sighs frustrated.

"Why? You love it," she says with puppy dog eyes.

"If I wouldn't buy it with Seth's money why do you expect me to accept it when you bought it with your money!"

She deflated and looks at me oddly. "Come on. Just take it. Besides they don't have a return policy."

I sigh and close my eyes. "Alright." On the inside I was kinda screaming. This dress was everything I ever wanted in a wedding dress.

But the price was just so much. "I owe you for life, I can never repay you," I say hugging her. "You don't have to. Be happy with my brother... ok? All you have to do for me is to have kids. That's all I want. To be an aunt," she smiles.

My face heats up and I crack a smile. "My kids will be your kids too."

WAIT!

Why am I talking about Seth and I's kids? As if he'd want kids with me anyways. And who says we'd make it that long. Oh my god. Why do I keep denying these feelings that are bubbling up inside me.

I'm so confused.

"Um hello? Anyone home?," Natalie jokes. I laugh and smile. I continue to eat more strawberries and get lost in my thoughts. How far does Seth want this to go?

What does he want?

——
Sorry for any mistakes once the full story is posted I will go back and edit everything!!!

Until then happy readings!!!!

((Double post today!!! Hope you enjoy!!))