Chapter 3

"I want to go home," I whine like a five year old. Seth stays quiet looking down at some paper. "I don't understand your logic, I really don't." I bite my lip and stare out of the office window. "Look, I don't understand why your doin-," I say before he cuts me off. "It says here you were adopted with your brother from South Korea and your 22. Your birthday is on June 19th." He says emotionlessly. "How do you know all of this." I inch away from the window and stare him straight in the eyes. "I have people who know things and get information for me," he says briefly then looks back down at the paper.

"Well can those people tell you to let me go. Because I want to leave and go home," I say rubbing my forehead. His eyes snap in my direction. "I don't care about what you want. Your not going anywhere and if you try to run, I'll kill you," he states. Those words make my stomach turn.

"Can you please explain more to me then?"
"I need a wife to get the most important business in my family." He says annoyed. "Why a wife? Why not a dog or something?" I continue to look out the office window. The outside of this large mansion is surrounded by security guards.

"I need a wife to insure that theirs a heir."He says bluntly. "Wait! I don't want to have a kid! ," I say with my heart instantly starting to beat faster. "I don't care about what you want. I'm worried about the things I need," He says coldly and with that he's gone. He leaves me in the office.

I fucking hate him. Even if I'm supposed to be his wife or Fiancé or whatever, I'm going to make his life hell and no matter what I do, I'm not gonna fall for him.

Not now,
Not ever.

Seth's POV

"Who is that chick?," my brother Brett asks. "She's not important right now."
I pour some of the whisky into a glass and sip it slowly.

"She looks pretty important right now to me, with an ass like that." I shoot him a glare and then he turns around to look at me.

"You disgusting dick." He looks at me as if I'm the crazy one. "Come on man! She's absolutely gorgeous. You can admit you'd want that pretty little body under you?"

"I wouldn't be under you ever. I don't want your diseases," she walks down the steps gracefully and stands beside me awkwardly.

"What's your name princess?," Brett asks stepping closer.

"My name is Vanessa King."
She steps away from me and walks towards Brett. "I'm Brett, this Bastards brother." He puts his hand out to shake it. Vanessa looks really out of it and just looks at his hand, but she reluctantly shakes it.

"I need to call my family?" My eyes meet her big brown ones. I don't say anything.

She stiffens and just turns around. "Brett, can you show me to a guest room?"
"Sure," he says cheery.

He leads her to the stairs but before they get they go she shoots me one last glare and leaves going upstairs. I pull out my phone and make a phone call.

"Hey, dad," I say once he answers phone. When talking to my father I become a whole different person. "What is it son?"
"When you return from your trip, I would like you to meet my fiancé. Her name is Vanessa. We've been together for about a year but she didn't want attention from the press, so we kept it a secret. But we want to get married."

The other end of the phone goes silent for a moment. "Son, I'm so happy for you. I know your mother would be too. You've finally found love again."

If only he knew the truth.

"I'm sure she's a wonderful girl and we will continue our discussion about the Mafia when I return home in 2 weeks."
A small smile tugs at the corners of my lips.

"Ok. Enjoy your trip. Goodbye father."

"What the hell was that?!?" Brett says loudly. "What? What was what?"
"Ms.King is your fiancé? Since when do you date?," He snickers annoyingly.

"That's not any of your concern, besides I have a personal life; I'm not Mr.Business guy 24/7." He laughs like that's the funniest thing in the world. "Whatever you say bro, anyway I'll see you and your smoking hot fiancé tomorrow. I got some things to take care of." With that he's out the front door.

I walk upstairs and find the room Vanessa is in. "What are you doing?" She jumps and turns around. "What are you doing?," she says mimic-kingly. I breathe hardly and just stare into her eyes. "What?"
"Go to sleep. If you try to run, don't. My guards will kill you on the spot." She turns around and stares out the window. "Got it," she sighs and leans her head in the window. I turn and leave the room.

I release a breath I didn't know I had been holding in. It's weird how she can make my heart instantly start beating faster and how she can make my breathing uneasy. I guess I haven't really been doing much in the women area lately. It's not like I'm falling for her though.

She seems childish and immature. I don't like those type of people and I now know having to be engaged with her is going to be a struggle. But one thing is for sure.
I will never fall for Vanessa King.

Not now,
Not ever.

————

I hope you enjoy this chapter. I haven't been able to update as much as I wanted to because of some personal things and I recently started a new book called Crown. I haven't published it yet but it will be up soon. Also Updates on this book will be made every Friday. So expect a new chapter every Friday.

Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter. And happy reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.