24

In that battle, the B City safe-zone lost a lot of their high levelled experts and incurred large losses to their main forces. Despite this, the zombie army managed to retreat safely. They hadn't even managed to touch the clothes of the person they were meant to kill.

For a long time after that, the people of the B City safe-zone lived in fear that the woman who could control zombies and held a grudge against them, would come back with said zombies.

After being on edge for more than a month and no zombies appearing to siege the city, they finally calmed down.
......

At that time, Shi Sheng was on the outskirts of the capital with a horde of zombies.

"Rarr!" A zombie at the fifth stage eyed her carefully as he presented a slab of fresh meat still dripping with blood.

Shi Sheng was dumbstruck. 'I really don't eat human though!!!'

There were quite a few high levelled zombies by Qian Li's side. That was probably where all the missing elites of D County went. Qian Li had brought more zombies under his control on the way over. One of them was this fifth stage zombie. You know, the one presenting with her human meat.

Low levelled zombies would ignore Shi Sheng. Third to fourth stage zombies wouldn't ignore her, and would even reveal a desire to attack but display fear at the same time. Only this fifth stage zombie sucked up to her.

Whenever it found any 'delicacies' it would first offer her the best share before letting his boss Qian Li take his pick. Shi Sheng had asked Qian Li before but Qian Li had told her that he hadn't ordered the zombie to fawn over her.

"Qian Li..." Shi Sheng called out to Qian Li who was in the distance. Qian Li immediately teleported beside her. Seeing the bloody meat on the ground, he didn't need Shi Sheng's instructions for him to teleport it away before snarling at the fifth stage zombie.

A hint of confusion flashed in its eyes, as if it was confused as to why Shi Sheng didn't like the food it had found. After all, the food was so fresh and it had run a long way to get such fresh offerings. The zombie looked at Shi Sheng then looked at his boss before squatting down shakily, like a child who had done something wrong.

Fifth stage zombies already possessed intelligence akin to that of three or four year olds. Their outer appearance had also pretty much returned to normal. It was just that their skin was still green so they looked weird.

"What's wrong with him?" Shi Sheng pointed at the fifth stage zombie.

"He likes your smell." Qian Li's speech had become more fluent though it was still a bit slow.

"My smell?"

'Recently we've been travelling a lot, haven't got time to bathe. The only smell on me right now is body odour... Don't tell me all zombies have such eccentric tastes?!'

Qian Li seemed to have noticed that Shi Sheng had misunderstood, for he pulled her hand into his mouth and gently stroked her fingertips with his tongue.

Shi Sheng subconsciously used her ability, causing Qian Li to reveal an expression of enjoyment and bliss.

'...So he was talking about this. Oh fuck, my ability does have a boosting effect on zombies after all?! They're going to chase after me from now on, aren't they?

This is the zombie version of Xuanzang's flesh!!! I reject this setting!!!'

Shi Sheng walked next to the fifth stage zombie and used her ability in front of him. A black flower around the size of a palm appeared on white fingertips. The layered flower petals looked like a peony in bloom.