15

"President Xi, we've investigated the company Ms Xia Man has been working to build. Tang Yin and Jiang Wan are both in the company." Xi Mo's assistant reported the findings of his investigation to Xi Mo.

"Company?" Cold light flashed in Xi Mo's eyes. "Where did the capital come from?"

"It's the inheritance left behind by Ms Xia Man's mother as well as-"

"Humph, well, she certainly is brave." Even after all these years, she was just as naïve and rash as before. Did she really think opening a company was that easy?

"I don't want to see her company, understand?" He wanted to let Xia Man understand that only he could protect her.

The assistant's expression turned strange as his lips writhed before he spoke, "President Xi, Ms Xia Man's company is headquartered in the capital..."

Xi Mo's dagger-like glare shot towards the assistant, causing him to tremble and his face to turn ashen as cold sweat dripped off his brow.

He hadn't expected Xia Man to open the company in the capital. Even if the Xi family could call the shots in Qing City, they didn't have much influence in the capital. The capital was where the truly influential and powerful lived. It was a place that could swallow a person whole and not even spit out the bones. 'Just how big did her guts have to be to dare open a company in the capital? It seems like this time I don't even have to make a move and she'll come crawling back soon enough.'

As the assistant looked at the terrifying smile on his boss' face, he only felt a cold wind blowing on his back as his heart – as well as the lungs enfolding it – trembled.

......

Only Shi Sheng and Xia Man had been aware from the beginning that the company would be opened in the capital so the two of them weren't worried at all about offending Xi Mo and Xia Xuan. The Xi and Xia families could only count as powerful families in Qing City but in the capital, they were only third-rate families at most.

Back then, Xia Man hadn't agreed to this point but after some 'convincing' {conning} by Shi Sheng, by the time she reacted, she had already agreed. Since the matter of choosing the company's address had been completely managed by Shi Sheng, Xia Man hadn't been aware of the specifics.

Xia Man and Tang Yin only reacted when they were standing inside a certain office building in the capital.

Tang Yin "..." 'Our company is headquartered in the capital?!'

Xia Man "..." '...And it's in a prime location?!'

'Big Miss, even if making money is easy for you, you don't have to squander it all like this right?'

After another period of busying themselves, the company was finally on track.

They had originally planned to let Tang Yin be the CEO since neither Shi Sheng nor Xia Man wanted to be the CEO. However, Tang Yin refused the post, saying that he just wanted to be the director in charge of the company's artists. Shi Sheng could only spend a large sum to invite a professional from overseas.

Tang Yin was in charge of scouting out talents while Shi Sheng and Xia Man went off to challenge the entertainment circle. After all, Shi Sheng still had a mission to do.

The only thing Shi Sheng did during meetings was to give money, give money, and give more money.

The professional CEO was stunned. 'Working for this kind of boss is the best thing one could wish for.'

Tang Yin was already used to this. Though he didn't know how much Shi Sheng had on hand, he knew that the company had never had a shortage of funds.