20

Purple Bamboo Mountain; the site where the seal on the Demon World was situated.

The bamboos on this mountain were all purple coloured. According to rumour, they were Immortal Bamboo. The bamboo was planted in an array used to seal the Demon World.

A lot of cultivators were gathered here. At the head was the Misty Sect and the Mt. Tong Sect.

It had already been 400 years since Shi Sheng's disappearance. In these 400 years, Ye Qingqiu had developed the Misty Sect to once again take the position of number one sect in the Cultivation World. And its position was so high that others could only dream of reaching it.

"Sect Head Ye, are we just going to watch as the Demon Race comes out?" A man garbed in a cyan Daoist robe looked at the woman who was surrounded by people.

Ye Qingqiu's expression was cold; she looked like the epitome of an ice goddess, causing people to constantly glance at her.

"What else would Sect Head Lin suggest?" Ye Qingqiu spoke. Her every action exuded the aura of someone superior. She was already in the Immortalisation stage so she naturally would not have to give face to anyone.

Sect Head Lin rubbed his head awkwardly. 'If I knew what to do, would I be asking you?'

As Ye Qingqiu was already an expert at the Immortalisation stage, and the Misty Sect Sect Head to boot, he could only retreat to the side, embarrassed.

Ye Qingqiu cleared her throat and her gaze swept over those gathered. "The Celestial World has already been informed about this. All we have to do is do our best to control the situation until the Celestial World's people arrive."

The surrounding people looked at each other before expressing agreement.

The Demon Race were bloodthirsty and battle-hardened while the Cultivation World had declined in recent times. Hence they wouldn't have the ability to reseal the Demon Race on their own.

Rumble!

The sounds of fierce shaking could be heard amidst the rustling of bamboo. It was closely followed by a cracking noise and then the bamboo collapsed. Above the clearing made of fallen bamboo, something akin to a black hole appeared.
......

The first thing Shi Sheng saw when she exited the Demon World was this crowd of wary and nervous people clothed in Daoist robes and holding weapons. The atmosphere seemed grave when coupled with the tremoring purple bamboo in the background.

The force gathered now was much larger than the time she went to the Mt. Tong Sect.

Shi Sheng and Feng Ci were walking in front while the demons followed behind them. From afar, it looked as though Shi Sheng and Feng Ci were leading the demon troops into the Cultivation World.

"Shang Shu!"

This shout caused Shi Sheng to pause. For some reason, the demons behind halted too.

Shi Sheng followed the voice to its source and saw the long-absent, plot armour-wearing female lead staring at her in disbelief.

'Why did she come out from the Demon World?' And all those people who had attacked Shi Sheng back then changed their expressions upon seeing her.

Back then those words she had spoken: "I hope everyone here remembers today."

There hadn't been any rage in her tone, only a placid calmness yet a seed had been planted in their hearts and germinated, causing them to feel uneasy.