15

The day after Chu Ning left, news of her death started circulating. Chu Ye still had some feelings for her so he flew into a temper upon hearing she was murdered. Ye Qingqiu let people bring Chu Ye away first. She looked back at the cloth covered body, her heart full of doubts.

'I remember disposing of the body so why has it appeared here? Could it be that someone saw me kill Chu Ning and is using this to give me a warning? Who could it be...'

Ye Qingqiu returned to the room with a heavy face. Chu Ye was sitting in the middle of the room. His eyes reddened slightly when he saw her, causing Ye Qingqiu's heart to skip a beat. She didn't continue walking forward. Chu Ye ran over and hugged her. "Sect Head."

Ye Qingqiu stiffened. Only after she was sure Chu Ye hadn't discovered anything did she pat his back. "Although she did some bad stuff, rest assured I'll help you avenge her."

Chu Ye's looks weren't bad and he was quite good on the bed too. It wasn't that Ye Qingqiu didn't like him, she just felt like his status wasn't up to par. But now they had already slept with each other so there was no reason to continue hesitating.

In the end, Ye Qingqiu's consolation switched locations to the bedsheets. When they had finally finished, Chu Ye lay exhausted on the bed, unable to even lift an eyelid.

Ye Qingqiu wasn't exhausted at all though. On the contrary, she had been re-energised by their bout; her face was practically glowing. She cast a glance at Chu Ye who had already fallen asleep and her expression turned mocking. She made a hand seal and a water dragon appeared. 'A furnace... if used well, the one being used isn't a certainty.'

This was something she had discovered after she had been with Chu Ye for the first time. She had still been a step from crossing over into the grand completion stage of Foundation Building but after doing that with Chu Ye, she managed to directly step into that stage.

Those with Water Spirit Veins were pretty much acknowledged to be cultivation furnaces but she didn't seem to be the one whose cultivation was being stolen. She had asked that Demon and he had told her it was because of his presence that she had turned from the victim to the taker. She had tested it out just now and found that he was right.

Ye Qingqiu's gaze landed on Chu Ye as she once again got atop him. Chu Ye was still muddle-headed but he instinctively responded upon touching Ye Qingqiu's body.
......

"I heard some people have gone missing again?" A few Mt. Tong Sect disciples chatted as they walked down the mountain.

"How many times has this happened now? Grandmaster told us to look for them in secret but how are we supposed to do that with so many eyes here? From the way I see it, it's those two that did it." A male disciple gestured towards a mountain peak in the distance.

"Shh, do you want to die?" One of the people beside him gave him a smack. "Don't speak nonsense. Grandmaster said this matter most likely has nothing to do with them."

"Eh? Why?"

"Grandmaster said those two had witnesses who could prove it was impossible for them to kidnap people. After all, the two were at the same place while two people went missing at the same time."

"Then what if it's because they used some underhanded methods?"

"...Makes sense. Anyway, those two are the biggest suspects."

Only when the group had walked off did a black shadow emerge from behind a large tree. The man stared in thought at the departing figures.

......