21

Since there was someone to ease the tension, they didn't fight. Shi Sheng was invited by Lin Yiyi into the Misty Sect.

Some people revealed enraged faces but they didn't dare to say anything. Right now, Ye Qingqiu wasn't in the Misty Sect and Lin Yiyi was the Peak Master's personal disciple and wife. They didn't dare to go against her.

The most important point though was: They couldn't beat her!

Alright, let's say they could beat her. But then Lin Yiyi would just go fetch the Heaven's Edge Peak Master to find trouble for them; these people could show off the essence of shamelessness at its finest.

"Master has left?" This was completely unexpected to Shi Sheng. Yu Xiao had left the Misty Sect, leaving Bai Lang to become the new Peak Master of Heaven's Edge Peak.

"En. Back then when rumours about you were circulating, Grandmaster left. At first, he'd still contact us but later on there was no news at all. Martial Aunt, just what happened at the Mt. Tong Sect? Why are those people saying you're practising the demonic arts?"

'Practising the demonic arts?' Shi Sheng raised her brow. "Do tell. What did they say about me?"

Back then, after she had escaped, Long Jue and Ye Qingqiu got into a conflict for some unknown reason; they had even fought. Afterwards, Long Jue returned to the Celestial World while Ye Qingqiu returned to the Misty Sect.

Rumours about Shang Shu sprung up soon after. They said that the disappearance of female cultivators with Water Spirit Veins was her doing and that she was using them to practise some sort of demonic art. Then when they had found out, they surrounded her yet hadn't expected to allow her to escape.

Back then, there had been quite a manhunt for her.

"Ye Qingqiu and Long Jue fought?"

'It looks like hoping they would turn into enemies wasn't just wishful thinking!'

"En..." Lin Yiyi scratched at her chin. "I heard it from some Mt. Tong Sect disciples. It seemed to be related to Chu Ning... though I'm not sure about the details."

'I don't even know who Long Jue is... Hey wait! Martial Aunt, your focus is wrong!'

'Chu Ning... I spent quite a bit of effort to get that body back. I didn't mean to use you or anything, I just wanted to give Ye Qingqiu a headache. But what happened afterwards that could have caused Long Jue and Ye Qingqiu to fight over Chu Ning?'

Shi Sheng learned quite a few things from Lin Yiyi. For example, there had been a lot of male cultivators serving Ye Qingqiu in recent years. And they all had an ambiguous relationship with her.

Now the male disciples of the Misty Sect set climbing into Ye Qingqiu's bed as their target. This was because as long as they had relations with Ye Qingqiu, their cultivations would be much higher than normal disciples.

And she also learned Bai Lang married his disciple, Lin Yiyi...

"What about Chu Ye?"

"Chu Ye?" Lin Yiyi furrowed her brows as she tried to recall. She only spoke after a while, "Chu Ning's brother, Chu Ye? He's been dead for over 300 years... Oh, and he died rather terribly too."

'The female lead's first died? Just like that? This isn't normal!'

"Back then Ye Qingqiu cleaned out a lot of the sect because of that. Only our Heaven's Edge Peak was left ou-" Lin Yiyi paused suddenly as she stared in shock at Shi Sheng. "She was using that matter as an excuse to clear out her opposition..."