16

***A WARNING BEFORE YOU READ THIS CHAPTER: SOME CONTENT MAY BE DISTURBING. EXPECT A MATURE SCENE.***

Ling Hao had gotten a mild concussion while his leg had been injured in the explosion. The first thing on his mind when he woke was to take revenge on the Xu family. However, he hadn't even started moving when the Ling family's companies were suddenly reported for illegal money-laundering and smuggling with plenty of evidence to back up both claims. This happened too quickly for them to react and by the time they had, their companies were already closed down by order of the court.

The companies who had dealings with the Ling family's companies suddenly cut off all ties with them. The other upper-class families who were usually quite close with them, now avoided them like the plague. Creditors swarmed to their doorstep to claim their debts. The Ling family was in dire straits and had no help coming.

"It's not that I won't help you. It's that if I tried, we'd both go down together." The Ling family had heard plenty of the above. The ones who were closest to the Ling family told them that someone was threatening them with some sensitive information and that the information would be revealed to the public should they dare help out the Ling family. Who didn't have a bit of dirt on them in this world?

Destroying a business was a bit difficult but ruining a person's reputation wasn't.

And the Nangong family wasn't doing much better. Nangong Zheng suddenly brought home an illegitimate child of his. This illegitimate child turned out to be merely a year younger than Nangong Jing. The marriage between Nangong Zheng and Mrs Nangong had been a marriage of convenience while his true love was the mother of that illegitimate child.

He had arranged for the bastard to work in one of the branch companies much earlier but this time, he brought him back to the main company. Although his position wasn't as good as Nangong Jing's it was still an important one nevertheless.

Nangong Jing's relationship with Nangong Zheng dropped to rock bottom. However, Nangong Jing didn't have complete control in the company. A few people who had long since been dissatisfied with him sided with the illegitimate child and the two got into a struggle for decision-making power in the company.

Nangong Jing had lived without worries for more than 20 years and had never before met a setback this big. 'That bastard roped in quite a few people in the company. He's only entered the main company for a short while but he's already roped in my opposition with sweet words!'

"Big brother, thanks for giving me this opportunity to be the supervisor for this project, really. Rest assured, I'll definitely do it well and won't disappoint you." The youth had a slight smile on his face and his tone was warm and gentle, as if they were truly siblings.

Nangong Jing's hands clenched into fists and green veins could be seen popping up from the backs of his hands. His expression was dark and cold. He had pretty much done almost all the work for the project but because of a single error of judgement on his part, this bastard got to reap the benefits.

"Don't call me 'big brother', it disgusts me." Nangong Jing forced himself to calm down. He couldn't reveal any weaknesses in front of this bastard.

The youth gave a slight smile. "Big brother, we are related by blood. You can't deny this fact."

His words caused Nangong Jing to think of his mother who had collapsed upon hearing about the bastard, causing rage to bubble up in his heart. Nangong Jing charged over to the youth and started beating him up. 'Who the hell is related to you by blood? You're just a fucking bastard and you dare to be so arrogant!'