13

Shi Sheng didn't enter D County. Other than the first time, Qian Li had disappeared again for a short period, so she knew he was about to advance. He'd come find her once he was done. So, she completely ignored what the trio at the back were chattering about: the sex lives of zombies.

'I really want to toss them into a pile of zombies right now. What the hell is this conversation topic?

Aren't you guys supposed to be discussing how awesome I am that I can get a zombie to listen to me, a human?

I(bbb) do not understand the way these humans think.'

The people from B City arrived much later; Shi Sheng and gang had already waited for them for half a day. A few olive-green pickup trucks finally stopped outside D County. The leader was someone familiar, Chang Xin.

They split up into groups before entering D County. Shi Sheng tailed them from a distance.

"Crazy, have you noticed the zombies don't seem to be attacking us?" Qing Yu nudged Lin Feng. After Qing Yu said this, Lin Feng surveyed their surroundings and noticed that while there were zombies everywhere following them from afar, not a single one made any attempt to launch an attack.

The two looked to the person in front of them at the same time; the young lady who seemed as if she was strolling in her backyard. The only explanation for the zombies' behaviour was her. The two looked at each other before pulling Little Fatty along and closing the gap between them and Shi Sheng.

After they entered D County, Chang Xin got the group to split up. Shi Sheng naturally chose to follow Qi Mingxue.

The advantage of having foreknowledge as well as cheat(s) allowed Qi Mingxue to be the first to reach the third stage of power. But Song Shi wasn't far off. The two of them tacitly co-operated to kill zombies, doing twice the work for half the effort. Moving swiftly, they soon reached a building that looked like a research institute.

They entered and cleared out the building floor by floor as if they were clearing a dungeon. There weren't many people in their team so they couldn't spare someone to gather their battle spoils. Shi Sheng and gang, who had followed them into the building, kindly 'cleaned up' their spoils for them—they didn't leave a single Nuclei behind.

Once they had reached their targeted amount of zombie kills and acquired the things that they had to bring out, they turned to leave and discovered that all the Nuclei were gone. They hadn't worked out what had happened before they found that the area they had just cleared out was teeming with zombies again. It was like a timed respawn.

"There are so many zombies! Didn't you guys leave anyone behind to keep watch?" Su Jiye looked at the group of people beside him. Those people looked at the people next to them. Their silent conversation went something like this:

"Didn't you leave someone behind?"

"No, we thought you left someone behind."

Everyone thought someone else had left someone behind but in the end, no one had been left behind to keep watch... How awkward.

"Fuck!" Rage bubbled up on Su Jiye's baby-face.

"Quit the nonsense and get to clearing them out again." Song Shi stared coldly at the others before tossing out a few lightning bolts. Just as they were about to go on another massacre though, a fourth stage fire-breathing zombie appeared out of nowhere...

And it brought friends.

Even Song Shi and Qi Mingxue together were unable to kill it, and so everyone got stuck in the building.
......