17

The man hurriedly received the folder and checked it over. Making sure that there weren't any problems, he then spoke to her in a cautious yet fawning tone, "Ms Xu, don't worry. No one else will know about this."

Shi Sheng nodded. "You may leave."

The man seemed as if he had received an amnesty and he seemed to hate that he couldn't leave fast enough. Just as he opened the door, Shi Sheng's voice rose again, "Don't betray your conscience."

His figure froze as cold sweat drenched his back. He turned back to give Shi Sheng a bow before escaping from the booth.

When the man left, Shi Sheng immediately let go of her image as she lazed like a small cat. There was too much dirt on the Ling family. Although she had done some work in the early stages, she didn't have to do anything later on since there were plenty of people who wanted the Ling family to fall.

[Host, according to the data from the scan, you did not have any hacking abilities beforehand and neither did this body. Can you please explain where it came from?]All that dirt had been gathered using hacking skills. When System had seen that, it had been thrown off guard. 'MY CONTRIBUTION POINT STORE HASN'T EVEN OPENED YET, WHERE DID THE HOST LEARN HACKING FROM? THIS HOST DOES NOT SEEM TO GET ALONG WELL WITH COMMON SENSE!'

"Have you considered that I was just born with it?"

[...Then how do you explain the matter of the explosives from before?]

"I refuse to answer your question." Shi Sheng humphed. "Don't you know how to mind-read? Go ahead, read my mind!"

[......] 'THE HOST HAS BEEN GETTING MORE TOUCHY RECENTLY.'

Having succeeded in shutting up System, Shi Sheng straightened out her clothes before exiting from the booth. This place had been chosen by that man, apparently it provided good privacy.

If you were to look at the corridor from a bird's eye view, it would look like this: 回. The layout was similar to a brothel from ancient times. She could see what was happening downstairs from the corridor upstairs. It wasn't very crowded. People were sitting in small groups on the banquettes below as they conversed in low voices.

And in the corners where light didn't reach, disgusting scenes played out.

Shi Sheng swept a gaze before shifting it. She wasn't interested at all in a live 'spring palace'.

Shi Sheng followed the corridor until she got to the stairs that led to the floor below. When she passed by a door however, it was suddenly opened and a tall, broad figure came hurtling out, reeking of alcohol. Shi Sheng subconsciously dodged to the side. The person crashed into the railing. He made quite a pitiful picture leaning on the railing.

"Young Master Jing, let me help you." A woman with thick make-up and skimpy clothing emerged from the room.

"Get lost." Nangong Jing shoved the woman away as he supported himself using the railing, his face a greenish grey hue.

His gaze swept on the woman standing two steps from him. A storm of emotion emerged in Nangong Jing's eyes as he squeezed out her name from between his teeth, "Xu Chengyue!"

While he was in there forced to accompany people in drinking, he saw her all well-dressed up outside. This caused an inexplicable hatred to surge from his heart.

"Hey, ex-fiancé!" Shi Sheng pretended like she had just recognised him. "What a coincidence that we meet here as well."

Seeing that familiar smiling face, Nangong Jing's heart was overflowing with hatred as he thought, 'How dare she be this dismissive of me?!'