A Field Trip to Remember pt 10

A/N Written by @TheCastorBean. Plot minorly changed.

They were walking down a deserted corridor when they came upon a heavy door built into the wall. It wasn't the door that made Phantom stop but the person that he saw sitting in the cell.

"Wulf!" he exclaimed, rushing forward and clutching the bars in both hands. The hairy wolf-like ghost's head snapped up at the sound of his name and a fanged grin appeared on his face.

"Mia amiko!" he called, rushing to the bars.

"Walker kaptis vin denove?" Walker caught you again? he asked in Esperanto.

The wolf-ghost nodded, "Kiam mi revenis al la Fantomo Zono monatojn post mia lasta vidis vin." When I returned to the Ghost Zone months after I last saw you.

"Nu, ne maltrankviliĝu, mi gonna eliru el tie." Well don't worry, I'm gonna get you out of here.

Phantom stepped back and shot out the lock, being tackled by Wulf the moment he threw the door open. The wolf ghost's tongue came out to lap at his friend's face and Phantom laughed lightly at the contact.

"Feliĉa vidi vin Wulf sed ni bezonos akiri movanta, mi ne certas kiel longe ĝi estos ĝis Walker kaj liaj gardistoj venis post ni." Happy to see you too Wulf but we need to get moving, I'm not sure how long it'll be until Walker and his guards come after us.

When he managed to get the affectionate creature off him and rise to a standing position Phantom noticed that everyone was glancing between him and Wulf, looking apprehensive at the sudden appearance of the odd ghost.

"I'll introduce you later, for now we've gotta go."

Turning again Phantom led them all out of the Prison. At one point they met up with a pack of prisoners who were also making for the exit.

Apparently the riot had escalated just as Danny had hoped it would. Once they reached the doors Phantom stopped and faced the prison.

"Everyone stay back!" he shouted, "Time to bring this straw house tumbling down."

He inhaled a deep gulp of air and let it out as a ghostly wail. The sound waves fractured the walls and made them collapse in on themselves, tearing the entire structure down in a matter of seconds. When the attack died down Phantom slumped, breathing raggedly and placing his hands on his knees to try and catch his breath.

"Let's…see you…rebuild that…Walker," he said between pants, turning back to his stunned classmates and parents.

"We should keep moving," Phantom said, brushing past them to continue toward the edge of the island that Walker's prison rested on. "Everyone stand on the edge, I'll use it to help get you back on the path."

The A-listers were quick to follow his instructions, all shock gone in favor of ogling their favourite hero. Lancer was slightly more hesitant but did as was asked of him anyway, which led Mikey to quickly follow as well though he looked nervous. The Fenton's and Valerie took a bit more prompting, especially when they realized that they would be riding with a ghost wolf. But eventually they all did as he asked and one well-placed ecto-energy blast later they were floating toward the path, exiting their makeshift transport once Phantom deemed that it was safely moored.