Chapter 5

It was the day after. Yes, that day. The day where you wake up on the floor in your own vomit with your head pounding and you're already 20 minutes behind your everyday routine.

These were the glory days.

After showering in my en-suete and taking 2 paracetamols, my head felt a little better, but I still opted out of breakfast. I told myself it was because of my ongoing queasiness, not because I couldn't face the guys right now.

I shoved on my skater skirt which was denim, high waisted and flowy. I put on my bandeau which had printed on it 'believe' in block capitals. I digged deep into my closet and found some low black Nike's which I didn't even know I had, I put them on before applying some mascara and light red lipstick. I threw my hoodie over my head, my hair falling damp and loosely over my shoulders. I looked surprisingly ok. Although I felt like a train reck.

I grabbed my bag and forced myself to accept the fact that I would be seeing the boys who I was living with. Skipping down the stairs and making my way into the kitchen, a new wave of nausea hit me and I walked cautiously now. They were all in the kitchen apart from Dan and Jason, the oldest and the youngest. They all looked at me, this time their eyes fixated on me, not traveling down my body. Well finally. It looked like they were trying to read my emotions, which right now were just plain ill, if that is an emotion.

I finally broke the silence.

"Hey guys, mind if I catch a ride to school? My cars still over at my house," my voice sounded kind of husky and deep. I couldn't tell whether or not this was a good thing.

"Ah, the hangover voice," piped in Reece, who was still in a t-shirt and boxers seeing as he'd finished school.

"The hangover voice? Really? Please guys, a ride?"

"Sure, you can hitch a ride with me," Andrew had apparently picked this moment to check me out, " Unless you wanna rough it with James and the guys in his Jeep?" I thought back to the ride to their house on Monday. The car smelled like dirty boys and it was cramped with 4 of us, but with Liam there as well?

"Lets take your car," I answered quickly, squishing up next to Liam wasn't a first on my to-do list.

Andrew's face brightened up as he took a last bite of his toast and grabbed his bag, waving to the other guys. They all turned to me and said various goodbye's, I caught Liam winked at me and I blushed, saying goodbye back to them all. Once out of the house Andrew led me round to the side of the house and to a garage I didn't know existed. He opened the passenger seat for me and I hopped in gratefully while he made his way to the drivers seat.

When he was inside he turned to me, a serious look on his face.

" Is there something going on with you and Liam?" he stared at my face, his eyebrows were knitted and I immediately felt guilty. I'd had a full on makeout session with Liam in front of everyone, I must look so foolish to them. And there wasn't even anything going on with Liam. I was only attracted to him physically, but I'm not going to waste my time pursuing him.

"No Drew, I swear. I'm sorry about last night I was drunk and stupid and I don't even like him like that. It was a bit of fun, I'm sorry," he continued to stare at my face, I couldn't read his expression, but then he went and did something that made my heart melt. He gave me a small, but so real and so warm smile.

"Ok Ash, don't apologize, please. It's good to know, because I really like you, ya know? I count you as a friend already little bud," his cheeks turned the slightest shade of pink, which I don't think he realized. He scratched the back of his head nervously and there was emotion in his eyes that I couldn't figure out. He looked at me, his face now looked sad. I suddenly realized I hadn't replied.