Anniversary

A WEEK LATER (Mitch and Hazel's anniversary)

*HAZEL'S POV*

I woke up and stared at the bed where Mitch was when we fell asleep. "Mitch?" I called out, no answer. Hmm... I saw a note on the bedside table that read.

Dear Baby Girl,

Find me at the beach... I have a surprise. Happy Anniversary! I love you.

Love, Mitch

I smiled and got dressed, with a bathing suit under my clothes. I walked downstairs and saw Jerome. "Use protection" he said as i grabbed a banana. I gave him a side smile and walked out the door. I got into my car and drove out to the beach. I parked and got out of my car. It was still pretty early in the morning so not many people were here. I walked down about 10 feet from the water and texted Mitch.

H: Im at the beach? I cant find you! Come out benja! Pleaaase

M: Walk north ;)

I looked at google maps and saw which way was North. I started walking that way, smiling to myself. He had planned something... Oh, I love Mitch. He's the greatest guy- no, human I've ever met. I walked for about 20 minutes before I was the only one at this part of the beach. The only one except Mitch. My walking paste increased and I started running to him. It was like a romantic movie. He stood there, smile on his face, next to a picnic basket. I reached him and jumped into his arms, i don't know why I'm so happy to see him. I just am, I love him. "Oh Mitch you didn't have to do all this!" I said to him once he set me down. "I know, but I wanted to! The best girl in the world deserves the best anniversary!" He smiled brightly at me. "With the best boyfriend?" I asked and kissed him. It was so romantic, we were the only ones there. "God, Mitch I love you" i said as we both sat down. He pulled me closer to him and said "i love you too" and gave me a kiss on the nose. He pulled Subway sandwiches out of the basket and two sodas. We ate, talking about normal human things like Minecraft, Jerome, different things about the beach, as we watched the waves. It was perfect. "So did you know that when baby sharks are born they have to swim for their lives otherwise their mom might eat them?" I asked Mitch. He chuckled and said "wow best parent of the year award!" I laughed and we sat there staring at the waves for another minute in comfortable silence as we finished our sandwiches. Mitch reached into the picnic basket and pulled out some chocolate strawberries, which I loved! My eyes went wide and I licked my lips as he opened the plastic container. "I thought you would like these..." He said and smiled that killer smile of his. I took one from him and pooped it into my mouth. "Thank you Mitch" i said with my mouth still full. He scrunched up his nose and said "ewwww close your mouth" in a little kid voice. To this i opened up my mouth wider and said "ahhhhhh" as i showed him the red and brown mess. He laughed and motioned for me to cuddle with him, which I happily accepted and snuggled up to him. I watched the waves for a while, eating my favorite desert with my favorite guy. I felt something cold touch my neck and looked down to see Mitch attaching a necklace around my neck. It was two silver hearts, entwined with each other. So freaking romantic! "Gah Mitch! Thank you! I love it!" I said and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around my back and my arms went to his neck. I felt him smiling in the kiss and I knew I was smiling too. We broke apart and looked at each other. He stood up, grabbing the picnic basket with one hand, and grabbing my hand to help me up with his other hand. "Where we going?" I asked him and he said "Home" with a wink. We all know what that means...