Hospital

*MITCH'S POV*

I looked down at my phone, it had been three hours since Hazel and Jerome had left, i was worrying badly. Images of her father kicking her as she lied down in the road filled my head then I got a call from her phone. "HAZEL!?!?" I yelled into the phone, but it wasn't her... "Hello is this Mitchell Hughes?" A strange lady's voice said into the phone. "Ya..." I said back on the verge of tears. "Hazel is at Parker Hospital with a boy we found with her, they were both hit by a car.." That had to be Jerome... "I-I...Im on my way" i said and hung up as i started sobbing into my pillow. I grabbed my keys and ran out to the car and jumped in. I took off going towards the hospital, crying the whole way. My best friend and my girlfriend had both been hit by a car... Why? Why do the worst things happen to the best people?!? "WHAT DID THEY DO TO DESERVE THIS!!?!?" I yelled and punched my steering wheel. I stepped out of the car and ran to the hospital front doors. "Hello how may I help you?" The lady at the front desk asked me. "I'm Mitchell Hughes I'm here for Hazel and Jerome" i said with tears still running down my cheeks. "Room 314" she said and pointed towards a hallway. I ran down the hallway and stopped outside room 314... I wanted to go in but i was scared of what I would see... They hadn't said anything about either of their conditions.. I wiped my face and opened up the door. It was heart breaking to see my love hooked up to numerous machines and laying unconscious on a hospital bed.. I looked over at Jerome. He looked like he got it worse then Hazel... My life would be ruined without either one of them. The nurse walked in and looked at me. "Are you family?" She asked as i looked at her and tears started streaming down my face "He- He was my best friend... And she my- my girlfriend..." She looked sorry for me. "Well as you can see the boy got hit on his side and he's in a small coma from a conclusion that we presume was from his head hitting the concrete, he will probably wake up in a week or so..." I looked over at Jerome and sobbed even harder. "Your girlfriend will probably wake up in a day or two" she said and smiled apologetically at me. At least they would both live... I sat between them both and looked at Hazel. I stared at her closed eyelids and held her hand. My phone kept buzzing but I didn't answer it. I didn't care what all the other guy's thought. Right now was about Hazel and Jerome... I fell asleep with my hand in Hazel's and my head resting on her shoulder while my body was still in the chair. I had a nightmare that neither one of them woke up and I had to tell Hazel's mom and Jerome's parents, it was terrible seeing the looks on their faces and hearing them shout at me, saying it was all my fault. I told them i wasn't there and couldn't do anything and they all yelled at me for not being there. I woke up and looked at Hazel, even though she looked dead I knew she wasn't and the heart monitor proved it. I looked at my phone, it was just past 10AM and I had about 20 missed calls from Adam, Quentin, Jason, and Ti. I should probably tell them what's going on. I clicked on Adam's number and was answered on the second ring. "GUYS ITS MITCH" he shouted and I heard everyone talking in the background. "Hey" i said with my voice cracking. "Im putting you on speaker phone, everyone's here, what happened?" Adam asked me. "Last night I got a call saying Hazel and Jerome had been hit by a car so I rushed to the hospital and fell asleep here. They are both in comas but Hazel is expected to wake up today or tomorrow and Jerome is expected to wake up in about a week. But everything will be okay with them when they do wake up.." I said quickly, explaining what had happened. I heard Adam choke down a cry and said "wha-what hospital?" I looked over at Hazel and Jerome and whispered "Parker" to Adam. "We-We'll be right there.." He said choking up. They hung up the phone and I waited for them to arrive. I sat staring from Jerome to Hazel and back. I had cried so much over the past day that my eyes hurt and I literally couldn't cry, even though I was sad. The nurse walked in about fifteen minutes later with a shaken Ti, Ian, Quentin, and Jason, Adam looked the worse though. He already had tear stains on his face and I had never seen him cry before. Adam rushed to Hazel and collapsed on her crying, he kept whispering something between sobs... Was he saying he's sorry? For what? I looked at Adam, "Adam can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked and started to walk outside the door. He got up, still crying, and followed me to the hall. "Wh-what do you mean by 'Im sorry'" i asked looking deep into his soul. "I made a move on her..." He whispered barely audible. Did... Did I hear him correctly? "What?" I asked him. "I-I made a move on Hazel and Jerome figured it out and the reason they went to-to Starbucks... Was... Was to get away from m-me" he said choking up when he said 'me'. I looked at Adam. I didn't say anything, just looked disappointed in him. I shook my head and walked back in to sit next to Hazel and Jerome. All the guys sat next to Jerome as i resumed my station next to Hazel and Adam sat by himself, crying in the corner. A single tear escaped my eye and landed on Hazel's face. I wiped it off her and kissed where it landed. "I love you Hazel... Please wake up..." I whispered into her ear. About 10 minutes of silence (besides Adam's sobs) Hazel's heart monitor started going faster. "GET THE NURSE" i yelled, gripping her hand tighter. I watched her face as she opened her eyes and whispered, "Mi-Mitch?" I cried tears of joy and hugged her tightly. Adam walked back in with a couple nurses who began unhooking her feeding tube and breathing machine. "Mitch I love you" she whispered and i smiled back then her eyes went wide. "Where-where's Jerome?" She asked, looking at me. The nurses finished unhooking her and left as I pointed over to Jerome. "Jer-Jerome?" She whispered and started crying on my shoulder. "Shhh he's going to wake up in 5 days or so.." She pulled back from me and looked at everyone in the room. She smiled at everyone then stopped at Adam. He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out but a choked noise. He ran to her and hugged her whispering "Im sorry! Im so sorry!!" He started crying again and she said back "Adam its fine... It-Its not your fault" she said and looked at Jerome and a tear slipped from her eye. "Can we go home we can come back and visit Jerome everyday, I just haven't eaten in two days.." I asked everyone. They all nodded their heads and we waited as the doctors ran some final tests on Hazel and released her. We headed home and I cuddled with Hazel in the backseat the entire ride home.