Epilogue

Well, I won't say hi because I posted the last chapter at the same time as this.

Last chapter was intense, wasn't it?  Well, at least Serena lived, which is what you all wanted to see, I'm sure.

Now, we will have an epilogue, because I feel the story needs better closure.

So, let's start.  Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it ^^

Enjoy :D

One year later.............

Our heroes, Ash and Serena, are now together.  Serena quickly recovered from her near-death, and is now fully healthy.  After, everyone shortly returned to their original regions, promising to meet again.  As for Ash and Serena, the two began to travel together again, journeying throughout Kalos to try and complete both of their dreams.  Clemont and Bonnie tagged along too, and finally, the gang was back together again.

Serena finally achieved her dream of being Kalos Queen.  It was hard work, but with Braixen, Pancham, Sylveon, and Espeon (who wanted to stay with Serena after everything resolved), she finally earned the title, and she and Aria are now close friends.  Her two friends and her boyfriend were in the crowd cheering for her, and Ash, after the celebration that they had, gave her something special.  It was a locket, and inside was a picture of him and her.  Written on it were the words:

My heart and soul.

Serena wore it everyday since, the pendant always touching the ribbon that Ash gave her so, so long ago.

Ash is about to try out for the Kalos League again.  Kalos changed their system a bit so that the winner of the two finalists had to face the current Champion, which Ash knew was Alain.  But this time, he knows he's ready.  He's been ready for months.  Since he himself was the winner, he would be facing Alain tomorrow.  

He was on the balcony of their hotel room, staring out at the starry sky.  He bit his lip- what if he wasn't ready?  He had so much riding on this win, if he lost he-

"Hey, sweetie, can't sleep?" Serena asked, gently pushing open the door and joining him on the balcony.

"Just thinking to myself," Ash said, putting his arm around his girlfriend and giving her a small kiss on her forehead.  She smiled and blushed when he did so, nuzzling her cheek against his.

"It's a beautiful night tonight," Serena commented.  "Look at the stars... the moon... it reminds me of the night when we confessed," she added, smiling at him.

"It is beautiful," Ash said absently.

"You're thinking about your battle tomorrow, aren't you?" Serena asked him, a knowing, patient smile on her face.  "I know you too well."

Ash sighed, ruffling his free hand through his hair.  "Yeah... I guess you can say I'm a little stressed," he admitted, a serious look on his face.

"Aww Ash... you know that you've trained for months for this.  You're a hundred and ten percent ready," she said, sounding as if she hadn't been more sure of anything else in her life.

"I know, Serena.  You're right," Ash admitted.  "I guess it's just nerves."

"I wish there was a way to make you feel better," she told him, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"Just seeing you makes me feel better," Ash said, earning a bright smile from Serena.

"I wish I could be battling with you tomorrow, you know, be by your side."

"I know... me too.  But, you'll be in the front row.  Every time I get nervous, I'll just look at you, and I'll be fine."

"I know you will, Ash."

"...yeah.  Me too."

The couple just stood there for a couple moments, looking out at the stars.  After, Ash gestured for Serena to come inside, but she said no, and that she would be inside in a couple of minutes.  After Ash left, Serena smiled at the sky, filling her eyes with starlight.  She gently held up her locket and opened it, staring at the words written inside.

"My heart and soul."

The words that she knew were true so, so long ago.

The words that he knew would stay with them until the end of time.

Well.. it's been a while since I ever tried writing an epilogue for something, so I'm sorry it's so short.  But anyways, I hope you enjoyed it.  Don't worry, this won't be the last of the Amour that you hear from me.

Confused?

On to the next part...