Chapter 1: Cursed Failures

Hi guys! So, this is an Amourshipping story! Yay! So this is the first part, hope you enjoy! Let's get started!

Ash

Ash was freezing. After all, he had been sitting in the cold winter snow for hours. It was one of those spring months where the weather was always off, when there could be bright sunshine one day and an icestorm the next. Which made sense for a forest off of Lumiose City. Since the Team Flare Incident, the radiation from their devices had caused weird weather patterns around the place. But Ash didn't mind.

He minded the fact that he failed yet another battle tournament. In front of his friends. He felt humiliated, especially since he had lost during the first round.

He pulled his coat closer, wincing at the memory. He still remembered all of their faces afterwards, sympathetic for him, and that could have been true, but deep down, he knew they were disappointed in him.

Especially Serena. God, he still remembered that look in her eyes.

He hated disappointing Serena.

Which was why he was in the forest now, while his friends were still safe and warm in a nearby Pokemon Centre.

He was trying to figure out how to improve himself, and to figure out how to stop failing.

Because that's what he was.

A failure.

"Pika..." Ash turned to see the worried face of his beloved partner, who was sitting next to him. After the fiasco last time, it was clear that Pikachu didn't want him getting lost again. Ash gave him a scratch behind his ears, earning him a delighted purring noise from him, which Ash thought was absolutely adorable. He smiled.

"Don't worry, buddy," Ash tried to insist, "but I'm feeling a bit better. You don't have to worry about me anymore, you know. Just-" Ash stopped as the storm that was already raging on got worse. It blew a gust of wind straight at him, chilling him to the bone. He heard Pikachu cry in shock.

"Whoa, buddy..." Ash said, grabbing his partner and pulling closer to his chest, in an attempt to try and warm him up. It sort of worked; Pikachu had stopped shivering after a little while, although the winds were still raging.

At least this can't get any worse, Ash thought.

Yeah, he thought too soon.

As soon as he thought that, the sky dumped what felt like a kilogram of snow on him and his yellow electric type.

"Yeesh!" Ash yelled, getting up and shaking himself off, while Pikachu jumped back on the log, trying in vain to get rid of the snow.

"Maybe we should find shelter..." Ash thought, then shook his head. They had to find shelter, if this storm kept going on at the rate it was going.

"Let's go buddy," Ash said, holding out his arm so Pikachu could jump onto his shoulder. Before he could, however, a rustle was heard in the bushes, and seconds later, a pale purple Pokemon jumped out, shivering. It was clearly in distress, and before Ash could say anything, it promptly ran and hid behind him.

"Hey, slow down!" Ash said, almost tripping on the poor thing. He got a closer look at it. "You're an Espeon, aren't you?" he asked the scared creature. It nodded, then let out a squeak as more rustles were heard from the bushes.

Another Pokemon stepped into the open.

An Umbreon.

Hi everyone!  So, that's it for now?  What do you think will happen next?  Comment your thoughts!  Also, make sure to check out my other book, A World of Her Own!  It's a really great read too!

Have an awesome day/night, my Amourshippers!

Stay tuned ;)