Chapter 11: Rusted Silver

Hi, everyone! How are you all doing? Hope you're all excited for this part! Hope Serena will be okay...

Ash: SERENA BETTER BE OKAY

Serena: I BETTER BE OKAY

Me: START THE STORY

Serena

Where... where am I?

Serena blinked her eyes blearily and looked at her surroundings. This is not the campsite, she realized nervously. Impossibly tall snow-covered trees and grass that was taller than her were definitely not part of the campsite.

Wait... grass that was taller than her?

This... this isn't right...

Suddenly, she remembered the night's previous events. Getting shrunk by the Umbreon, Ash coming to rescue her, her telling him the truth, he telling her that there was still a chance, even though there wasn't, really.

She remembered all of it.

"T-t-too c-cold," she stuttered, shivering violently. She vaguely remembered some warmth as she rode home with Ash, and she longed for it to come back now. Must find... must find shelter.

For the next hour, she wandered around the forest aimlessly, trying to find herself a small bit of warmth, and possibly some food as well, with no avail. With snow continuing to fall, and with her growing tiredness, her luck was running out. At one point, she looked up and saw a very pale outline of the moon peaking out from behind the clouds. From its point in the sky, she knew it was around midnight. She slumped down, exhausted, tears starting to rain down on her cheeks.

This is pointless... hopeless...

I'm going to die out here, cold and alone, in this tiny shrunken body.

She remained like this for a few minutes, until she remembered something... no, someone.

"Don't ever give up 'till it's over!"

She suddenly stood up, feeling more determined than ever. Ash is right... I have to keep trying.

She took a few steps forward, feeling refreshed and positive, knowing somehow that she would be safe in the end.

That's when she fell in the hole.

.....................................................................................................

Ash

"How could we lose Serena!?" he was angrily yelling at himself, the Pokemon looking at him with concerned eyes. "We- we have to find her!" Ash looked out at his surroundings- cold, dark, and dangerous. Poor Serena... she must be so scared and lost... but I have to stay strong.

"Okay," he started, nervous for his friend. "We have to split up. There will be a better chance of finding Serena that way."

Sylveon, Espeon, and Pikachu all nodded in agreement.

"Good, it's settled then," Ash said. "I'll go with Pikachu, and Sylveon and Espeon will go together." All the Pokemon nodded at him, and then once everything was made clear, Sylveon and Espeon headed in the direction they came from, though heading more to the left. Walking beside his partner, Ash decided to veer right instead.