Chapter 19: Midnight Blossom

Edit: Dedicated to Turtwig19, one of my wonderful Wattpad friends who unfortunately had to leave.  I'm gonna miss our messages and PMs.. and I'll miss you.  We'll all be here for you if you decide to return!!  I decided to dedicate this chapter to you, because a special chapter should be dedicated to a special friend :)

Hi everyone, SylveonKwami here.

It's not been long since I last updated, but since I missed out on last week's update, I said I'd give a double update this week.  So here it is!

I'm not gonna talk to long here.  There are a lot of big moments in this chapter, so let's get to it.

Enjoy ^3^

Serena

The two continued to watch the sunset for a while.  It was a clear night in a forest, so one by one the stars twinkled into view.  Thousands upon thousands of bright lights circled the sky, swirls of purple and pink patterns surrounding them.  The moon shown bright in the sky; almost full, but not quite.  Thousands of Pokemon constellations were present too- some of legendary Pokemon, such as Xerneas and Zygarde, and also some of mythical ones too- like Mew.  She could see an Eevee constellation up there with the rest- which reminded her of her Sylveon, and of Espeon.  When she looked, Serena saw that the four of them were enjoying the view as much as they were.  It was truly wonderful.

"We should get a better view," Ash suddenly said.  Serena looked at him confused.

"How?" she asked.  "It's not like we could get any higher."

"This tree," he said, gesturing to it.  "If we climbed to the top, we would get a magnificent view of the stars."

Serena looked at it; from their height, it loomed over them like the tallest mountain.  "Not sure how we're supposed to climb it, though," she said, not wanting to upset Ash.

Ash seemed to think to himself for a minute.  "You're right..." he said thoughtfully.  However, he quickly seemed to bounce back.  "I've got an idea!  Talonflame," he added, turning to face his Pokemon.  "Could you fly us up there?" he pointed to the top of the tree.

Talonflame instantly nodded, and walked up to them.  He put his wing down, waiting of them to climb on.  Ash scrambled up instantly, but Serena was a little unsure.  Didn't this seem a little dangerous?

"What's the hold up?" he asked her, looking confused.

"I... it just seems a little dangerous, that's all," she whispered.

"Aw, Serena, you know Talonflame is trustworthy.  He won't do anything to hurt you," Ash said, with Talonflame giving a grunt of agreement.

"But... what if I fall?" she asked, her face turning red.  She quickly turned away, not wanting Ash to see her blush.  Gosh... this is so embarrassing...

She heard some movements behind her, and she turned to see Ash holding out a hand to her.  "It's okay, I won't let you fall," he said kindly, casting a gentle look on her.  After a moment, she walked towards him, reaching her hand out to his.  They took hold of each other's hands, and Ash pulled her up to where he was standing.  

"It's not that far to climb," Ash said.  "I gotcha.  I won't let you fall, remember?"

"R-Right," Serena stuttered.  Just pretend it's a Rhyhorn.  A really big Rhyhorn.  You climb onto them the same way, right?

Slowly, she scrambled up onto Talonflame's back, with Ash following closely behind her.  Once she made it, she breathed a deep sigh of relief.  "See?" he said from behind her.  She turned to face him, her hair bobbing slightly when a light breeze came and ruffled it.  "I told you you wouldn't fall."