Chapter 14: Coming Clean (Part 2)

Hi everyone!  SylveonKwami here with another update for y'all!

I don't have much to say now... so I'll just start the chapter.  Don't forget to vote, and comment if you want!  

Enjoy ^^

Serena

"Alright, let's go back to the tent now," Serena heard Ash say.  She looked at him, confused.

"Unless, you don't want to-" Ash added, flustered.  Serena giggled, and smiled.

"Nah, it's okay, let's go," she told him, then blushed a little as he took her hand to lead her back, though she didn't need it.  

Ash is so sweet... 

Once they got inside, Ash guided her to a corner, then sat down, motioning for her to sit next to him.  "You okay?" Ash asked her when she let out a big sigh.

"It's... just a lot to process right now," Serena said truthfully, letting out another sigh.  

"Ah, I see," Ash said, not questioning further.  For the next couple minutes they just sat there, and at one point, Serena leaned her head on Ash's shoulder.

"Hey Ash?" she asked, not looking at him.

"Yeah?" he said, looking at her curiously.

"Are we... are we friends?" she asked, then mentally face-palmed herself.  Of course he'll say yes you idiot!

"Of course, Serena!" Ash replied enthusiastically.  "You're one of by best friends."

"B-Best friends?" Serena asked, stuttering a little.  

"Why do you ask, Serena?  You know-" Ash stopped midsentence.

"I know wh-"

"Quiet," Ash said abruptly, staring forward at the tent's entrance.  His expression shifted.  After a couple of moments, Serena heard it too.

Footsteps.  Coming towards us.

Wait WHAT!?

"Ash we-" Serena started, but Ash beat her to it.

"Over here," he said, pointing behind some stacks of clothes.  Grabbing her hand, he dragged them both over there, hoping not to be seen.  A couple seconds later, a tall red-haired girl walked inside.  Serena's breath caught.

"A-Ash, who is-"

"SERENA-"

"Is someone there?"

Both of them forgot how to breathe.

Serena instantly felt guilty for talking.  Quickly, they burrowed deeper within the folds, hoping that the intruder would leave before they were found.

"Huh?  Is something moving...?"

Oh shoot.

Serena yelped and grabbed onto Ash as the stack was lifted from the ground, most likely the girl trying to get a better look.  When Serena turned, Ash looked almost as freaked out as she was, and was holding her as well.  He noticed her looking at him and gave her a comforting smile, trying to assure her that everything would be fine.  She was about to smile back when-

They.

Fell.

Out.

Serena screamed, letting go of Ash, seeing her life flash before her eyes.  She felt the air against her face, and she faintly heard someone calling her name... 

Until she landed, and then she felt nothing at all.

Ash

"Serena!  SERENA-" Ash felt a pain on his back as they landed on a strange surface, his vision blurry for a second.  His head hurt and he felt like falling asleep...

Until his vision cleared and he was met with the freaked-out face of Misty.

"H-Hey, Misty," Ash said, trying to sound casual, sitting up.  "Thanks for catching me and all-"

"A-Ash!?  How'd you get like... this?  And who's the girl?" Misty asked him, trying to calm herself down, but failing.  Ash sighed, then remembered.

Wait, Serena!

"Serena?" Ash asked hesitantly, ignoring Misty.  He searched around on Misty's hand, but he couldn't find... oh no.

There she was, lying on the floor of the tent, looking... Ash hated to think it, but she looked dead.  His heart filled with dread.  "Serena?" he called her, trying to get her to wake up.  His face clenched.  "Serena, come on, this isn't funny-"

"Here, Ash, wait," Misty's voice sounded suddenly, and Ash watched as she bent down and gently picked up Serena's still form.  Ash rapidly crawled over to her, shaking her shoulders.  He felt tears come to his eyes, until he saw the movement in her chest.  Up down, up down.  Ash breathed a sigh of relief.

She's breathing.  Thank Arceus.

"Is something- oh boy," came Clemont's voice, and Ash turned to see him standing at the entrance, nervously scratching his cheek.  

"Serena won't wake up," Ash told him, and Clemont rushed over to examine the situation.  Meanwhile, Misty looked at Clemont with an eyebrow raised.

"Picking berries, huh?" she asked, giving a sly smile.

Clemont instantly became nervous.  "I, uh, yeah, sorry-"

Misty just waved him away.  "No sweat.  Let's just get these two outside," she said, walking out of the tent.  Ash just clutched Serena close to him, and took deep breaths.

She's breathing, she's breathing, she's breathing.

He kept repeating those words in a mantra, even when all of his old friends gave him surprised looks.  He sighed when May and Dawn said he was "so cute!" and when Iris said "he's still a kid,"  he wasn't suspecting anything else.  Despite what that Umbreon did to him, Ash felt good when he got to see all his old friends again.

"A-Ash?"

Ash immediately turned to see Serena waking up, rubbing her head, and was filled with relief.  "How're you feeling, Serena?" he asked, trying to stay calm while wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

Serena nodded.  "Y-Yeah, just winded..." she replied, then noticed all the eyes that were staring at her.  She squeaked, throwing off Ash's arm, and ran behind him.  Ash smiled.

So adorable...

"H-Hey, Serena, it's okay," Ash said, trying to console his friend, when Gary's voice got his attention.

"Hey, Ash!" he said, catching him off guard.  If he didn't call me Ashy-boy, somethings wrong...

"This, uh, will be a little different than I thought, but, I challenge you!  To a battle!" he finished, pointing at Ash.  

Uh...

At first, he thought to decline Gary's offer, but then changed his mind.  After all, there's never a time when you shouldn't be training!  At least, that's what Ash thought.

"Okay, I accept," Ash said, accepting the challenge, though he still had no idea what was going on.

That's it for Chapter 14!  Chapter 15 will be coming out within the next couple weeks.  I hope you enjoyed reading!  To be honest, at the beginning I didn't think this story would spread very far, but seeing all of you readers like this story makes my day.  Seriously!  So thank you.

Also.  Since this story is progressing well, I'm beginning to have ideas for a second Amourshipping story.  Yunno, for after this one's done.  It's called The Fairy's Cure.  Thoughts?  (I guess this will count as the Pokemon Question of the Day)

That's all for now!  Have an awesome day/night, and keep watch for the next update!

Stay tuned ;)