Chapter 8: Golden Sunshine (Part 1)

Hi everyone!  Hope you're all excited for this chapter.   Finally time for some fluff between Serena and Ash!  YAY I AM SO HAPPY-

Ahem.  Excuse whatever that was.  Actually, the fluff will be coming in this chapter's second part, sorry 😅

WHY YOU LITTLE- 

Also... this will probably be another long chapter.  Like when I mean long, I mean like 2000 words long.  It's so long that it has to be in 2 parts!  Don't worry, though.  I've prepared you for this.  Plus, I think I've given up on making them shorter.  There's just too many words 😫 

Anways... on with the story!  Hope you enjoy!

Ash

Uh... was all that was going through Ash's head at the moment.  Light shone in his eyes, and he opened them blearily.  He blinked to see some sunlight breaking through the grey clouds into the tent, right into his eyes.  Why, sun, why!?

Ash forced himself to get to his feet and walk to the outside of the tent, grumbling to himself.  He also noted that Serena was not present in the tent still; she must've left.  I'm so tired... oh well.  At least I'll see everyone at breakfast.  I'll get to see Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena.

Serena.

However, as Ash went outside, he could see no one eating at the picnic table, even though the grass almost completely blocked his view of it.  Where is everyone?  Ash wondered, then thought what time is it?  He looked at the sky and gasped.  Out loud.  From where the sun appeared to be in the sky (it was still really cloudy out), it appeared to be almost noon.  He looked back at the table, and from his point of view, he couldn't seem to see any food.

Shoot.  Gotta find somebody.

After what felt like an hour of looking, he finally spotted Clemont some ways away, probably working on one of his inventions.  He ran over as fast as his legs could carry him, and called out to his now giant friend.  "Clemont!" he shouted, waving his arms as well.  "Clemont, down here!"

I hate being like this. 

Sure enough, in a couple seconds, he could see Clemont's eyes resting on him, and he felt himself shake a little as he saw his friend kneel down to talk to him.  "Hey, Ash," he greeted.  "What's up?"

"The sky," Ash responded, which made both of them laugh.  

"No, actually," Clemont said, still giggling a little.

"Is there any breakfast left for me?  Also, what time is it?" Ash asked.

Clemont pulled a PokeDex out of his pocket.  "It says 11:30," Clemont replied.  "You sure must've slept a lot!  Serena said you snored too."

Ash blushed.  "Uh... well... tell Serena I said sorry," he said, stuttering a bit.

Clemont chuckled.  "It didn't sound like she minded," he reassured him.  "Also, Serena left a plate for you on the picnic table, but you don't have to eat it all, because... yeah.  Do you, uh, need help getting up?" Clemont asked him kindly.

Ash shook his head.  "No, I should be fine," he said, then realized that he probably should have accepted his help.  "I'll find my way up.  Thanks, Clemont," he added, turning away.  "Try not to explode anything today!"

He heard his friend's laughter behind him.  "Yeah, I'll definitely try!"

Walking away from Clemont, he turned to the picnic table, and ran up to one of the legs.  However, when he approached it, there was a blue ribbon dangling in front of him, and when Ash looked up, it appeared to be tied to the top of the table.  Along with it was a note that read:

Dear Ash,

I knew you would wake up later than me.

I knew you would be too stubborn to ask for help.

So, here you go.  I also left you breakfast up there, in case you're wondering.

I'll be back soon.

Lo-From, 

Serena ❤️

"Thanks, Serena," he said out loud, and started climbing.  As he did, he realized something.  This was the ribbon I gave her.  Serena really is one of the best people I know.  A really good friend too. (I can already predict what the comments are going to say)

Thanks, Serena.

Well, that's it for today.  Sorry that there was no fluff this chapter.  But I am going to try really hard to post the second part this week.  I'm going away for the weekend, so it will most likely be before then.  Yeah.

Oh, I also got tagged!  I got tagged by Lollipop_Stargaze (who you should totally check out btw) and I did the question thing in my other book, A World of Her Own (which you should also totally check out btw)

Now, for our Pokemon Question of the Day!  

Since we did Ash last time, let's do Serena!  Which of Serena's Pokemon were your favourite?

AAAHHH!  For me either Sylveon or Braixen, I can't choose.  Sorry Pancham.

Pancham: 😑😧😩 😡😭  

Anyways... that's all for today!  Have an awesome day/night!  And if you are doing finals and exams and things like that, SylveonKwami wishes you good luck!  Do your best!  Also...

Stay tuned ;)