Chapter 8: Golden Sunshine (Part 2)

Hi, everyone!  I just realized that I was leaving tomorrow, and since I promised you this before the weekend, here it is!  Hope you enjoy! 

Serena

These berries will do amazing in my PokePuffs!

Serena had gone out early that morning looking for berries, as she was going to do some baking this afternoon.  For safety (because of that annoying Umbreon) she brought all of her Pokemon with her, who not only kept her safe but helped her pick berries.  She brought back three times the amount she normally did.

This morning, before she left, she helped Clemont make breakfast (so he wouldn't set anything on fire), and she made sure to remember to leave a plate for Ash.  She also knew that he would have a hard time getting up on the table, so in case he couldn't find anyone, or if he was too stubborn to ask for help, she cut a piece of the ribbon he gave her, and tied it to the top of the table.

She sighed, and looked up.  Even though it was cloudy, there was a light spot in the sky that told where the sun was, and according to it, it was past almost noon.  She shook her head.  A chilly wind was beginning to approach, and from the look of the clouds, it looked like it was going to snow.  Stupid spring weather, Serena cursed.  Why can't you rain?  Oh well, I should probably get back before the snow starts. 

After a few more minutes, she finally reached their campsite.  After a few minutes of searching, she spotted Ash sitting on the table, looking bored.  He looked up when he spotted her, and waved.  She blushed a little, but then she raced over to him, realizing that he had been waiting out in the cold.  "Why are you waiting outside!?" she exclaimed, fretting over him.  "Look how cold it is!"

"Relax, Serena," Ash said, trying to calm her down.  "I was bored, so I decided to wait for you!"

Serena looked at him.  He waited for me!?  She instantly felt a blush forming on her cheeks.

Why does he make it so hard for me to be mad at him!?

"Well, if you're so bored," she told him, "You can help me make some PokePuffs, if you want."

She blushed even harder when she saw Ash's eyes light up.  "You sure?" he asked cheerfully.  "I won't be in the way?"

Serena shook her head.  "Of course not, silly," she said.  "You could never be in the way."

Ash nodded vigorously.  "Okay," he agreed.  "What do you do first?"

It was then that Serena realized that her crush didn't know how to cook, or bake, or do anything with food other than eat it.  "You'll see!" Serena said cheerfully.  "Let me get the ingredients, and I'll show you.  It can be a cooking lesson!" with that, she left to find Clemont's backpack, which they always stored the food in.  Poking around in it, she pulled out some flour, eggs, and other essential things, like sugar and food colouring.  Taking it all in her arms, she brought it back to the table, where Ash was patiently waiting.  He looked a bit overwhelmed at first when looking at the ingredients, but immediately after the look disappeared.

"Cool," he said.  "What first?"

"First, we make the dough," Serena explained, then went to call out to Sylveon.  "Hey, Sylveon!  Can you come here for a minute?" her Sylveon looked over and with a "Sylvie!" it came over, looking excited, nothing like the shy Eevee it evolved from.

"Sylveon, do you mind fetching us some bowls?" as soon as she asked, her Pokemon raced away, returning in a few minutes with many bowls of various sizes.  She set the largest one in front of them, and let Ash climb up to her shoulder, to give him a better view.  She went a little red when he did that.

"Okay, first we add the flour," Serena said, and added some flour into the bowl.  "Then the milk, and sugar..." as she was listing ingredients, she was fully aware of Ash sitting on her shoulder, staring intently at what she was doing.  He was really cute like that.  After a minute, all the ingredients were added to the bowl.

"Now, we stir," she told him, and began to stir the mixture.  Soon it began to mix together, and it began to look like proper dough.  "See Ash?  It's easy- Ash?  ASH!" as she was stirring, the motions seemed to disrupt his balance, and he ended up falling into the still open bag of flour that rested by the bowl.  Quick!  DO SOMETHING!

Still screeching, she managed to fish Ash out of the bag of flour, but he was still covered in the stuff, white from head to toe.  "Oh my gosh, Ash, I'm so sorry," she panicked, trying to find something to clean him off with.  Hearing her panicking, she felt Sylveon poking her, and she turned to find her with a rag held in one of her feelers.  With a grateful smile, she took it and turned back towards Ash, who was trying to shake some of it off.  "I'm so sorry," she said again, thinking that he'd hate her.

Instead, Ash flashed his usual cheerful smile at her.  "It's okay, Serena, sometimes you have to get dirty to have fun!  Remember, nothing we do is ever a waste of time."

Serena sighed.  I should have thought.  Leave it to Ash to always be cheerful and upbeat about everything.  Never the less, she still used the rag to wipe of most of the flour.  "Thanks, Ash," she said, and turned back towards the bowl.  "I guess we'd better keep baking.  Though, you should probably stay down there for now."

Ash laughed.  "That's probably a good idea."

Well, that's it for now!  I might try and get one more part in before the weekend, but probably not.  Although I will tell you... *spoiler alert*

Coming up, Serena will get what she wanted in one of the episodes.  Not saying which, but I will say that it was in XYZ and before the Kalos League ;)

Now, for a Pokemon Question of the Day: Which of Serena's looks do you prefer?  Her old one or her new one?? (not counting her Showcase outfits)

I like her short hair better!!  Comment your thoughts!

Well, that's all for now!  Have an awesome day/night!  Keep watch for Chapter 9!!

Stay tuned ;)