Chapter 6: The Truth Behind Lies

Hi, everyone!  Sorry it's taken me so long to update this.  I've been really busy with school and stuff, so... yeah.

But, by the time this gets published, hopefully Chapter 7 will be out too!  (Also be prepared for lots of fluff coming up)

Enjoy!

Serena

"This is really good, Clemont!" Serena joyfully said to Clemont as she ate the delicious meal.  "Even though part of it caught and fire and all, it's still tasty!"

"Uh, thanks, Serena!" Clemont stuttered back to her, clearly embarrassed.  "I guess it could do with a good smoking.  After all, explosions are my specialty!" Serena, and definitely Bonnie, laughed after he said that, prompting Clemont to laugh as well.   

"Yeah, Serena's right!" Bonnie said.  "Big Brother, you have to get better at that.  Explosions don't attract Keepers!"

Clemont sighed.  "Bonnie, I appreciate your efforts, but-"

"You can't stutter when you talk to girls," Bonnie continued, effectively ignoring her brother.  "Like what you did to Serena!  Girls don't like that sort of thing."

"Actually-" Serena tried to cut in, but Bonnie stopped her.  

"Oh, be quiet, Serena!  I know who you like.  And he doesn't stutter one bit!"  Bonnie gave her friend a knowing look.

Serena wanted to murder Bonnie after she said that. 

"Who does Serena like?" Clemont perked up, looking at Serena and smiling intensely.  

Serena instantly went red.  "I-I... uh..."

Wait.

Where was Ash?

Serena screamed.  I forgot!  How could I forget about Ash!?!?

"What is is Serena?" Clemont asked with a concerned look on his face.  

"I forgot about Ash!" she yelled again, ignoring everyone else and quickly making a plate for him.  She rushed off to the tent.

Poor Ash... her must be starving by now.  I must have upset him.  I know he won't forgive me.  Perfect.  Now I've ruined all my chances.  He won't forgive me.  He won't forgive me.

I hope he forgives me.

Pikachu

Ah... this is so good! he thought.  He stuffed some more Pokemon food in his mouth.  "Isn't this good?" he commented to Talonflame, who had his own mouth full too.

"You're right Pikachu," the fire/flying type agreed.  "It's delicious!" he stuffed some more food into his mouth.

Pikachu sighed and watched the other Pokemon eat too.  They were still a pretty large group; Braixen, Pancham, Sylveon, Dedenne, Bunnelby, Chespin, and Luxray were all still here.  Pikachu also spotted Espeon eating somewhere off to his right, and he gave her a wave with his tail, and she replied with a soft murmur.

However, they'd also had some losses.  Even after all this time, it still felt weird that Goodra, and then Greninja, weren't here with them.  And now, after the loss of Noivern and Hawlucha, it felt even more empty.  Pikachu still remembered how the two had wanted to start their own adventure, how they had wanted to go off together.  Ash, being the person that he was, let them go, but he'd still cried a little.  Pikachu remembered comforting him all night.

Wait...

Ash... where was he?  

He isn't with Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena, but-