Lusus!Fem!Protective!Cronus(Crona) x Teen-troll!Male!reader: Baby-Bubble

"Okay, so ya got everyfin ya need, right Seatiepie?" the tall, feminine troll asked her charge for the twentieth time since they left their hive. Up until now you'd been hiveschooled by the lilacblood and it finally got to the point she couldn't teach you any more; she had to drop out of her educationblock to take care of Meenah's lusus, then when she planned to go back and finish she found you and, like any maternal troll, took you in and raised you as her own "Baby Bubble".

"I missed out on a lot when I was drifted into the merinatary, there aren't many seachers at sea, seatiepie." she said to you once, "I missed out on a lotta opearltunaties causa that."

"Like what?" the sweep-old (b/c)blooded pretroll looked at the tall troll, who's hair had just grown to her shoulders. The seadweller smiled softly, picking you up and sitting you on her curvy hip. You never understood why she didn't date after she got you; you'd even seen that ")(eir" looking at her a few times, but she said spending time with her Baby-bubble was way better that floating around with a buoy (you had laughed at her play-on words).

"Just stuff in general. I started chasin' after a buoy who, honestly, just vwanted me avway from 'im." she smiled sadly and you instantly knew she was talking about Meenah. "I nevwer actually liked 'im though, if I'mma be honest vwith ya." she smiled at your look of shock and nodded. "I jus' needlefished somefin to pass the time an' he vwas there," she shook her head with a sigh. "Anyvway, promise me ya vwon't skip out in school, 'kay?"

"Okay lusus, I promise!" you said firmly, earning an affectionate ruffling of your hair.

"That's my Baby-Bubble."

She'd actually straightened out quite a bit since she took you in; she grew her hair out down to her mid-back which was currently in a long "seahorse" tail, she was wearing a mid-drift off-shoulder white tank top and a pair of tight jeans with a leather jacket with an Aquarius symbol stitched into the front left shoulder in lilac purple. She even stopped smoking to make sure you didn't get into the habit or get "lung cancer" (Crona didn't know what it was but she'd heard it was awful and definitely didn't want her "baby bubble" to get it). People/trolls were starting to see her in a whole new light now that she had quit her player facade and started being herself. Which, wasn't her goal at all: she just wanted to set a good example.

Most trolls your age (about a sweep and a half) would be embarrassed at such a nickname as "Baby Bubble", but you thought it was sweet that your lusus loved you enough to do so many things for you, and her nickname was a way of showing affection. Her morail Kankri didn't like her nickname, though you probably would either if your lusus called you "Krankri" all the time. Now that you thought about it, you were the only one with a sweet nickname instead of a mocking or teasing one (like when Crona kept calling Porrim "Porn" all day, laughing as she ran and dodged the jadeblood's hacksaw). For some reason, despite her insistence, you always called Crona by either her name or you called her lusus/lusi, despite her wishes you'd call her mamma.

Crona decided to walk you to school, despite owning a fabulous car. She wanted to spend as much time with her baby (y/n) before he was taken away from her. Contrary to everyone's beliefs, Crona was very intelligent, and she'd heard enough to know she couldn't shelter her Baby Bubble forever... no matter how much she wished she could.

She placed her hand in (name)'s before lacing their fingers together. (Name) smiled reassuringly at his mother-figure before they reached the school gates.

'This is it,' Crona thought as clear purple tears beaded her waterline, 'he's not gonna vwanna be seen vwith me anymore. He'll ignore me vwhen I call his shellphone, he'll start yellfin at me vwhen I go into his room vwithout knockin', he's gonna get a gillfrond and froget all atrout me; he's gonna outgrowv me...' just as the tears were about to flow, (name) leaned up so he was a bit taller than the lilacblooded troll (you were quite tall for your age) and planted a loving kiss on her forehead right over her zodiac scar, causing Crona to snap her hand to her forehead with a shocked/dazed expression, her freckles sparkling like stars(1).

"No matter what, you'll always be my mamma." you smiled your (nubby/sharp)-toothed smile at her. Crona stayed shocked for two more seconds before enveloping you in a hug that seemed to warm for a seadweller to give.

"And you'll always be my Baby-bubble." she sniffed and let her tears of joy slide down her cheeks with a sharkish grin that still made you feel safe. "Try an' make lotsa friends, 'kay?"

"Yeah!" Crona started heading back before gasping when she saw what she had in he hand that wasn't holding yours; she forgot all about it!

"SEATIEPIE~! YOU FROGOT YER LUNCH, BABY-BUBBLE!" she yelled across the school courtyard, attracting everyone's attention.

She was your nutball, and you were her Baby-Bubble. That would never change.

_____________________________________________________________

(1) I saw a meme where, when a seadweller is happy, their freckles light up like stars.

I hope I got Cronus' speech quirk down right; it was harder than you'd think -_-