lusus!Eridan x grub!reader: swimming lessons

It had come as an outright shock when Eridan Ampora, known for being uncaring towards anyone but himself, took in an abandoned (b/c) grub. No one really understood why; except Eridan himself. He wasn't totally cold and heartless like others believed; he was lonely. Until he was ten sweeps he had lived his life in solitude with his lusus to train as the next orphaner.

When he saw you, all by yourself in the cold, unforgiving world, he felt his hard heart soften. He picked you up, wrapped you in his scarf and took you with him, naming you (name) as he thought it was royal and befitting. It was incredible how patient he was with you; even Feferi stated she'd never seen such a tender side to him.

"Okay (name); there's no rush in learning how to swwim. Just go at your owwn pace and take it easy," your lusus calmed you.

You loved the water; it just didn't return the sentiment. You were a weak swimmer and your lusus, wanting to help, decided to give you lessons.

"Let's start wwith an air ring." your royal-blooded lusus said in good cheer as he retrieved an inflatable ring. He carefully fit you to it, making sure it wasn't loose nor to tight, and carefully sat you in shallow water where you could feel the grainy sand on your needley feet.

"Alright my little (b/c) wwater baby; time to teach you the basics!" he cheered before taking off his pants, shirt and scarf leaving him in his swimming trunks before he sat with you in the water.

"Noww, first wwe'll get you used to the wwater, okay (name)?" you (sounded) with a gleeful nod as your lusus lay in the water, occasionally pushing you through the water of giving you light splashes.

"Ready to start, (name)?" you gave a cute (sound) of acceptance and started your lessons.

First you had to paddle in your ring, then he let you float without your floaty (his hands hovering under you at all times despite the water barely passing your legs) and finally, he let you float around by yourself. You felt so good hearing your lusus praise you and your quick learning.

"Alright (name), good job! Noww let's pack up and go home and I'll make lunch-" you immediately gave angry (sound)s and cried your eyes out when he reached for you. You wanted to keep swimming!

"(name), listen to me! throwwing a tantrum isn't gonna help! You're too small and wweak right noww to go in deeper waters! We'll go when your older!" after pleading, bargaining, even threatening to take away your TV privileges, the purple-blood reluctantly agreed to let you keep swimming for fifteen minutes.

He left you on the sand and told you not to move while he got a towel. Suddenly, you had the brightest idea ever! You could swim just fine; you could definitely swim in deep water! When your lusus came back he would be so proud of you!

Mentally patting yourself on the back, you began slowly making your way out into deeper waters. When you looked around you though, after getting lost in thought, you couldn't see the beach anymore. It wasn't a pretty turquoise blue tone anymore, the water was a dark, dangerous shade and you wished you had your lusus with you.

You sucked it up though, and kept slowly swimming, coughing when salt water got in your mouth and whimpering as the waves made it harder for you to swim through. You (sound)ed in alarm and jolted, coughing again as something scaly brushed against your underbelly.

You (sounded) loudly for help and started crying when an unknown force picked you up, only to see your lusus looking at you with an angry expression, one brow raised.

"(full name), you're in so much trouble right noww it's not even funny." he hissed, despite cradling you close to him as he trudged through water and wrapped you in your towel. "When we get home; you're seabed-ed."

The water was only up to his knees and you couldn't see the shore because you had been facing the wrong way.