Condescension x grub!lowblood!reader; her treasure

A/n: when i mean "lowblood" i mean anything below fuchsia. if you want to be a fuchsia blood, i will make one where you're an heir/heiress.

__________________________________________________________________

"Now sit still (name)~!" your lusus laughed at your sparkling eyes and held you firmly on her lap while you struggled to get a better view.

You laughed as your lusus shot various sparks of energy into the air to create makeshift fireworks underwater for your amusement. You were currently resting comfortingly on her diving suit-clad lap. You (sound)ed happily as she held you to her face and kissed your forehead, leaving a large fuchsia lipstick-kiss right dead center, laughing as you went cross eyed to see it with an affectionate "oh (name) you're so silly~!" from her painted lips.

You loved the sound of her laugh; it was almost like a whooshing sound, like waves in a storm being pushed by the winds. Crissanyx (which was her birthname) tickled your (b/c) belly softly, being careful with her sharp claws and just letting her soft webbing between her fingers touch you, for the most part. She actually started filing her nails down so she wouldn't hurt you, but they'd only stay dull for a few hours and then grow back.

You were "just another filthy lowblood" in the eyes of the trolls in the undersea kingdom, as she'd heard her guards say (though after she heard them they hadn't lasted long after the outspoken and unappreciated opinion that always peeved her to no end) but you were so precious to her.

You were the only one that wasn't afraid of her, you were the light glimmering through the abyss of the ocean, lighting her way back from the trench of insanity she'd dug herself to escape the agony of needing to rule with an iron claw. No matter what evil she had done, you looked to HER for comfort, love, care and soothing words. She wouldn't admit it to anyone but you, but you calmed her aching, ancient scars surrounding her bloodpusher.

Whenever someone was taken to her for sentencing or culling, she would send them off with a warning that if she ever had to see them again, there'd be hell to pay and flick of her wrist in dismissal (though most of the time they'd all been brought in several times), not wanting you to see the evil, hatefully tyrannical monster your lusus could be. She wanted you to see as how she was before she had inherited the crown; a sweet, compassionate, strong and caring being who only wants what's best for those she cares for. It's unfortunate that she had to join reality and abandon her dream kingdom for the real one.

When she was angry, she'd cuddle with you to soothe her nerves, when she was sad, you'd always nuzzle against her face and (sound) to her in reassurance. You didn't need to be told how broken your lusus was; how before she was forced into her position she used to be more like her heiress Feferi. She wanted to make a difference; to make equality real and for lowbloods to feel safe even amongst the lower caste.

But it didn't work out that way. It never did.

She'd bet all her wealth and recipes that no one could imagine that whenever she left and disappeared from the world for days at a time, it was actually because she went to the brooding cavern and cared for each grub; bringing them food and loving each one individually. When she was younger and her predecessor found out; all the grubs were culled in front of her so she would "stop caring for livestock when they're disgustingly common and easily replaced".

That's why when she found you, (sound)ing at her and crawling into her lap (much to her shock as most grubs already knew she was dangerous and stayed away from her until she proved she meant no harm) and nuzzled into her abdomen before curling up to sleep, she was ecstatic and mortified all at the same time. What if someone found out? What if you were culled? What if you didn't even survive the caverns? You were to innocent, to kind and trusting... could she really let such a rare (b/c) pearl like you slip through her webbed fingers?

Hearing your deep, squeaking sighs as you slept, peaceful and contently trusting in the murderous trolls lap, she came to a decision; first she had to ask someone-or something-very important for permission first. She carefully wrapped you in the black silk cloak she wore whenever she went out and wrapped you in it, rising slowly from the ground with you secure in her arms. You didn't even move. You must have been exhausted.

After begging (on her knees and as quietly as possible to not wake you) in a pathetically desperate manner unbefitting of her status, the mothergrub finally consented to allowing her "greatest and highest creation" to take the pathetic little (b/c) nobody as her charge; though the insect-lusus didn't understand (or really care) why. Crissanyx squealed like a wriggler on perigee evening that got everything it wanted; she had the greatest gift of all right in her arms, secure and safe- and so you would remain.

She felt compassion, she simply buried it deep underneath her self-hate and blame that she reflected onto the trolls she ruled. You changed her, for the better. She knew that, she'd admit it, just not to anyone else; not because she didn't want to seem weak, but because she loved you to much to risk you being killed in a rebellion just for the sake of hurting her as a "now you know how it feels" lesson. As far as anyone knew, you were an innocent grub who was kidnapped before being turned into a pet for her sick amusement; at least then during a raid you'd most likely be taken in by a kinder troll and given a chance at life.

She couldn't stand it if something happened to you; she honestly couldn't. To her you were her ultimate, priceless treasure, her one of a kind (b/c) pearl amongst artificially colored rocks.

You were indeed very precious regardless on your blood color; and she loved you very much.

______________________________________________________________

i read a head-canon once where the Condescension is a very maternal troll at heart and was jealous of the Dolorosa; that she would have given anything to be able to raise a grub, even if it was a mutantblood.

don't get me wrong; the condesce is still one of my least favorite characters.... but i also wonder what she was like before her crown corrupted her. KISSES AND HUGS!