Lusus!Kanaya x Grub!reader

Kanaya was well aware that it was punishable it was to take the young (b/c) grubling from the brooding caverns, but she could already tell you wouldn't make it on your own. You were small; the runt of the litter, so to speak. You were small enough to fit into the Jadeblood's hand when you curled up; as adorable and sweet as you were, there was no way you would survive. So, she had come to a decision; she, herself, would raise you, just as her ancestor did the Signless. It would be hard, her being a mere 16 earth cycles old, but she would always have her friends to rely on; more than either her Ancestor or Dancestor could say.

You (sound)ed in despair when your favorite glowing caretaker walked away briskly, an unearthly grace about her even as her fashionable heels clicked against the cavern floors. You didn't like this; it was cold and lonely. While the other grubs were already being taken, you were left alone; no lusus wanting a sickly runt of a grub to take care of. That's when she came along; her and all her glorious compassion. She had picked you up off of the cold stone floors, bathed you, fed you and cared for you and now she was leaving. You (sound)ed desperately, trying to tell her you'd change and be stronger if anyone -especially her- gave you a chance. You began sobbing mournfully and gave up hope of ever being loved when she finally came back, a sheet of black fabric in her slender, sparkling arms. She stole glances around the room, noticing the other Jadebloods were out of the area (to attend the Mothergrub, no doubt) and decided it was time to move. She gently wrapped you in the blanketing material before picking you up and holding you like a human infant.

You looked up with innocent (b/c) eyes as she held a self-manicured nail to her black painted lips. You let out a silent giggle and stretched you needle-like front leg as close to your mouth as you could to imitate the act, earning an affectionate smile and a gentle caress on the head before she swiftly and silently stole into the night with her precious cargo held firmly, yet gently in her arms. sShe looked down at you, who reached two of your six needle-like appendages towards her, wanting love and affection. A smile tugged on her lush lips, and she placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, leaving black kiss mark on you soft little (s/c) face. You went cross-eyed to try to see the gift she'd left you causing her to let out a laugh. It was soft and quiet, like she wasn't used to it- but she could tell you would be making her very happy quite often. Unknown to you, the mark was like a seal of promise; from now on she would protect you from your monsters...

And you would do the same for her.