Sober!Gamzee x Grub!Reader

You whimpered and curled deeper into the corner of the room you stayed hidden in; (b/c) tears streaming from your swollen eyes as your lusus, you're kind, sweet, affectionately dopey lusus went on a rampage. He killed aunt Nepeta, uncle Equius, and even big brother Tavros! You didn't know who else was killed after big brother Karkat scooped you in his arms and hid you in his room while he distracted his morail, you (sound)ing in fear and desperation while clinging to his leg; knowing if he left now, you would never see him again.

He had sighed deeply and knelt down to your height and gave you one of his extremely rare, soft smiles and spoke in a soothing whispered voice; "it'll be okay (name)... don't worry; I'll calm your lusus." he gave you a soft kiss on your little head before setting you back down and walking out as quietly as possible, determination in his scarlet gaze.

You didn't hear anything for a while before you heard the voice that used to comfort you, now terrifying and angry shout at someone (most likely Karkat); "WHERE THE FUCK IS HE/SHE MOTHERFUCKER!?" a voice screeched in anger, hate and... worry?

You whimpered and curled further into a ball before everything was silent. You heard a thud outside your door like someone dropped something heavy. The door was suddenly ripped from its hinges and thrown in the hallway.

"(name)~! Where are you MY LITTLE MIRACLE!?" you accidentally (sound)ed in fear causing the juggalo to turn towards you with a grin slowly splitting his face, the three gashes aunt Nepeta left on his face tore open further and gushed blood that resembled purple faygo with splashes of other colors on his shirt, pants and face. A small splatter of candy-red made you start crying horribly until he picked you up and looked oddly relieved that you were alright.

This was it; you'd die by that hands of your once-adoring lusus who found you as an unwanted grubling. He originally took you in because you reminded him of himself when his lusus constantly abandoned him, but he grew to adore you as his "Li'il sis/bro" and loved you so much more than any lusus. It was actually kinda poetic in a way: your savior would be your murderer.

"Stop the MOTHERFUCKIN' WATERWORKS (sis/bro)." Gamzee sighed, face dropping a bit until his smile was more like a sheepish grin, "You should motherfucking know I WOULDN'T HURT YOU FOR NOTHIN'." He sighed and nuzzled your hair, trying to calm the voices telling him to cull you and use your (b/c) blood to paint to his messiahs. "Just... try to keep quiet for a minute." he spoke softly, like his own voice being too loud would set him off as he tried to force his "other" self back to the dark recesses of his mind.

You stayed perfectly still while he breathed in your scent; trying to find something that reminded him that he knew you, still knows you and loves you and was almost back to normal when a crash outside startled both of you; probably a troll he hadn't killed stumbling down the hallway. The usually yellow/slightly orange color surrounding his purple irises turned a shade of frightening rust red and his hands tightened on your fragile (b/c) shell considerably as a hiss of hate left his throat.

You cried out in pain but, instead of biting or scratching him, you used the last bit of your energy to reach your little arm out and gently place it near one of his gashes and leaned forward to kiss his cheek before slumping weakly.

The familiar action sparked many loving memories of him with his beautiful grub; him reading to you while you excitedly perched yourself on his shoulder like a chatter-beast on a pirate's shoulder to look at the pages, when he'd kiss you before putting you to rest, when you'd kiss his cheeks when he got lonely or missed his lusus, everything that made your relationship flooded his being as he loosened his grip on you just before you passed out and looked at you in shock and horror, knowing what he could've done to his precious grub he had sworn with all his blood-pusher to protect.

He promised you the instant he held you in his arms to protect you. And he'd almost killed you. His beautiful, precious little miracle.

You (sound)ed weakly and, despite him being the one to hurt you in the first place, trustingly reached towards your lusus for protection, love, and comfort.

A few tears dripped from his eyes before he began sobbing hysterically, realizing what he almost did to the most precious miracle he was ever bestowed despite being unworthy. He squeezed you as close to his chest as he could, choking out apologies for everything; especially hurting his beautiful (b/c) miracle.

"Oh gog (name)... I'm so motherfuckin' sorry sis/bro!" he whimpered as tears wet your head. "...'m so sorry!" he sobbed before everything sounded like blubbering gibberish.

You (sound)ed, still weak and your head pounding from lack of oxygen but nonetheless nuzzled under his chin for comfort. He fell asleep holding you close to him, you followed soon after leaning your little head on his collarbone before dozing. To Gamzee, the nickname "Miracle" was well-earned.

It seemed like this time you protected him from the thing that scared him most; himself.

__________________________________________________________________

AT LAAAAAASSST! I finally got this one out! i hope it's okay.