Lusus!Dolorosa x grub!Signless x grub!reader: I am here

Dolorosa sighed deeply as she watched the redblooded mutant and the (b/c) grubs play. So far, the (b/c) troll babe had been the only one to accept the mutation. You made sure to play nice, seeming to not want to harm the smaller grub.

She smiled when you let him win, a cry of victory escaping him as he stood over his "vanquished foe" (you). She clapped enthusiastically when he turned to her for her praise and preened when she gave it, talking about what a strong troll he'd grow up to be while you squeaked in agreement. She laughed quietly when they fell asleep in her lap.

She froze when she heard the pitying voice of her fellow jadebloods, talking about how the mutant would be culled at any time now and she felt the cold, icy grip of realization sink in. She had watched the two wrigglers since they'd hatched, had taken care of them since no lusus wanted them yet, she had practically raised them up to this point. She couldn't just let you both die; it wasn't fair!

She devised a plan in her mind and prayed to gog it would work.

_______________

Later that night, she snuck into the incubating area, wrapping two sleepy wrigglers in a large black blanket and hid them under her cloak, cooing to keep them quiet and calm before slipping out silently into the night. She had no idea where she was gong or what she was going to do, but she'd find a way. She had her babies with her after all, she could do anything for them.

"Fear not, my precious ones," she soothed when the small (b/c) grub started whimpering. "Mother is here."

_______________________________________________________________

It's short and I'm a terrible person for not updating in so long!