Chapter 14: Genins from The Sand

Start from the beginning

'That's what you get for being reckless.' Sakura scolded, walking beside Sasuke.

Sasuke smirked. 'You're a guy that needs help all the time.'

I clicked my tongue at him. 'Stop that!'

But Naruto had had enough. He removed his arms from our shoulders and advanced towards Sasuke but was stopped my Sakura.

I sighed. Our teamwork isn't going at all well lately...

'Shall we call it quits for today?' Kakashi sensei said. 'I have to go report the mission reports now.'

'Then, I'm going home.' Sasuke turned his back on us and began walking away.

'Hey! Sasuke-kun, wait!' Sakura called, running after him.

Naruto looked Sakura's retreating figure, a look of pure rejection stamped across his face. I patted his shoulder in pity.

'How does strengthening our teamwork now sound?' Sakura asked shyly.

'You're the same as Naruto,' Sasuke commented. 'If you have time to mind me, go learn a technique or two. To be honest, you're abilities are worse than Naruto's.'

And then he walked off, leading her to sulk. I blew a strand of hair out of my face. What lovely teammates I have.

'Well, I'm going home to.' I announced, walking in the same direction as Sasuke.

'Hey, why are you going after Sasuke?' Sakura demanded, grabbing my arm. 'I thought you said you were going home?'

'My house is that way!' I snapped, pointing to the direction I was walking. 'COINCIDENCE!'

And with that, I yanked my hand from her grasp, surprising her and Naruto and stomped away.

Geez. The nerve of that girl. Sasuke doesn't own this pathway!

Apparently, when I'm mad, I tend to walk faster because I was already catching up to Sasuke.

He turned to face me but I walked right past him, fuming and muttering profanities under my breath. That Sakura just pisses me off all the time! What, just because she likes the great Uchiha doesn't mean I like him as well! Besides, Kakashi sensei looks better than him. Wait, what.

'What's wrong with you?'

I stopped and turned to look at Sasuke, with an annoyed look on my face. 'Sakura accused me of liking you.'

He smirked. 'Well, if it isn't true, then why would it bother you this much?'

My eyes twitched. Why was he teasing me like that? He doesn't do that with any other girl? Does he see me as a boy? Does he see me as a boy he can look down on? Does he -

'You're quiet.' He commented. 'So it must be true, then.'

I growled, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt. 'Don't get cocky with me!'

He said nothing but continued smirking. I was ready to punch him in the face and rip all my hair out of my scalp. But then I heard a yell.

Our heads snapped towards the direction of the noise. Several other voices could be heard as well.

I let go of his collar. 'The yell sounded like Naruto ...'

'Let's go,' he said. I nodded and was about to run back when he caught me be by my hoodie.

I stumbled backwards before glaring at him. 'What?'

'If there's a fight going on, it's best we stay hidden.'