Chapter 5 ~ Ice scream for ice cream.

(Tayla's pov)

School was finished for the day, because it was so hot school is cancelled for the rest of the week. Thank god. Something was up with my new teacher, it's the way he looked at me, it felt like he has a hold over me. I don't know, but it was creepy, real creepy. I went back to my locker and met Mel there. I grabbed my bag and shut my locker, Leaned against it again while waiting for Mel. As I was watching Mel get something out of her locker, someone stuck a poster on my forehead. I groaned and ripped it off my head. It said, " bonfire on the beach, celebrating the new year and the new year for our football team, 6:30 till whatever time! Be there, it's the one thing you don't wanna miss!" I showed Mel as soon as she shut her locker.

" we're going, no ifs no buts!" Mel said to me as she typed it all in her phone. I groaned and rolled my eyes. As we walked outside I noticed Scott at his car, he nodded his head at me telling me to come, I completely forgot about the ice cream we promised each other. I said goodbye to Mel, giving her a hug and promised her I'd go shopping with her tomorrow to get new bikinis and a new summer dress to wear to the bonfire. I walked over to scott, and he hugged me. Not like our normal hugs, but it was like a loveable hug. I over heard some girls walking past say some bad things, and I know Scott heard it too because his muscles tightened up. When he let go of me I walked to the front seat and sat down. He said goodbye to his friends as they whistled at him, and hopped into his car. The same girls glared at me, I just shrugged them off and looked out the window as he drove out of the school car park.

(Scott's pov)

I rolled the windows down since it was getting hot, her hair blowed perfectly into the wind. The way she scrunched up her face as the wind hit it harder was the most adorable thing. It was starting to get awkward as I noticed that she was sitting awkwardly away from me.

" chocolate sundaes, my treat, your not paying nor going to annoy me about not paying." I looked at her as I drove into our favourite ice cream parlour. She looked at me and smiled and walked out of the car. As soon as I looked up, I knew he was here. My instincts to her was to pull her closer to me as we walked in. His scent swarmed the parlour, it took everything in me to calm my wolf side down and not tear him to shreds. Tayla gave me a funny look and frowned as she noticed I was getting stressed. I looked around, no sign of him. I wasn't going to calm down tho. We walked up to the cashier. She was an old lady, about in her late 50s. She knew me and Tayla really well as said she'll get our order. She also knew that we had this special spot, that she made sure no one sat there other then us two. She was an elder in my pack to, which is why she told me in her mind that he's here. I nodded at her and made our way to our table. I let Tayla sit down first before looking into her eyes again. She smiled at me, if wasn't her normal smile, it was her stressed/confused smile.

" are you ok Scott, you keep looking around as if someone is gonna kill you or something?" I smiled shyly at her and said, " I'm fine trust me, I just have a bad feeling that something bad is gonna happen." She looked at me puzzled, thank god Mariah came and handed us our chocolate ice cream sundaes. We both smiled at her and said our thank yous. We always ate in silent, she hated talking when she was eating because stuff would fall out of her mouth, it was very funny to me, but embarrassing to her!

As soon as we both finished we payed for the sundaes and walked out, and before i thought everything was gonna be ok, there he was. With 2 other men beside him, wolves I'm guessing. They all looked at her and Derek's eyes turned red, I could tell he wanted to bite her and call her his. But as long as I'm still standing, she's not going anywhere.

(Tayla's pov)

I noticed mr hale with 2 other guys. I swear I noticed his eyes went red for a second as soon as he noticed me. And before I knew it he was walking right towards me, I felt Scott tighten his muscles and put his hands into fists by his sides. When they reached us the 2 other men did an evil smile at Scott, which knowing him would set him off the edge.

" miss Francis, what a lovely time to see you!"

I smiled at him and nodded.

" well just wanted to say that this is a beautiful town, very lucky" he moved his face upwards looking right up at Scott.

" seems as tho me and my boys will be staying here for a while." He did an evil smile and walked off with I presumed was his friends.

Scott grabbed my arm and led me into the car. He sped off as fast as he could to my house. As soon as we got there we said our goodbyes and he ran into his house. I shrugged my shoulders and walked in through my front door. The same welcoming smell of my home gave a comforting feel to me. I dropped my bag at the front door and walked up the stairs. Fell onto my bed and closed my eyes. It had been a really weird and strange day at school today, and I had a feeling it wasn't about to end,