The Beginning Of The End

I couldn't stop fidgeting with the pendant around my neck. It hasn't been even an hour since they were taken, but I couldn't calm down. I was so anxious, and wracked with guilt. If I hadn't called my dad, this never would've happened.

We knew there was a pretty good chance she'd try to get to Derek before us, so we were ready. Now I was just waiting for a chance at her. I was so angry, I wanted nothing more than to rip her to shreds.

"Derek?" I heard her call out. "Derek, where are you?"

"Right here." Derek responded calmly.

"Thank god." She sighed. "Something happened, at the recital. At the school. Okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them."

"From who?" Derek asked.

"Scott, Stiles, Kara. They're gonna tell you things. Things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me." She said desperately.

"What is it?" Derek asked.

"Promise you'll listen to me." She demanded.

"I promise." Derek says.

A moment passes, before she speaks again. "They're already here, aren't they?"

We took that as our cue, walking around the corner of the loft. "So... they told you it was me?" She asked him. "That I'm the one taking people?"

"We told him you're the one killing people." Scott corrected her.

"Oh, that's right." She chuckles. "Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way I can get back to teaching high school english the rest of the day."

"Where's my dad?" Evan demanded, stepping closer to her. I had to hold him back from going any further. But if she didn't tell us soon, someone was gonna have to hold me back.

"How should I know?" She asked playing dumb, then looking back to Derek. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this."

"Do you know what happened to Stiles and Kara's fathers?" Derek asked her.

"No," She shook her head.

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia and I." I said glaring at her.

"Lydia Martin?" She asked, pretending to be confused. "I don't know anything about that. And I most certainly would never try to harm Kara, Derek."

"What do you know?" Derek demanded.

"I know that these kids, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story. And one they can't prove, by the way."

Scott lifts up his hand, drawing her attention to the bottle of tan dust in his palm. "What if we can?" He asks.

"What is that?" She asks.

"My boss told me it's a poison and a cure...." Scott said stepping closer to her, unscrewing the top. "Which means you can use it... and it can be used against you."

"Mistletoe." She says disgustedly.

Scott throws the ash on her, making her gasp. Thrashing around in the thick cloud. Through the dust, we can clearly see her shifting back and forth. Showing her real face, a combination of thick lacerations on her face, and pale skin. She screams before shifting back.

She tries to run, but Derek grabs her by her throat. "Derek, wait, wait!" She pleads. "You need me!"

"What are you?" Derek demands, flicking out his claws.