Rising Tensions

I could tell Isaac was still fuming after what happened this morning. I tried stayed close, keeping tabs on him throughout the day. But if it came down to it, I wasn't sure if I could keep him back with the twins egging him on. Scott and I had chemistry with him, so I sat next to him, and Scott sat behind us. It was weird, Scott and I weren't talking still, but we weren't really fighting at the moment either. Human sacrifices sort of took priority.

"All right, since inertia is a subject of which you all know plenty, why don't we start with momentum." Harris says writing on the chalkboard, but I couldn't have been less interested in school than right now.

"They're here for a reason." Scott whispers to Isaac. "Give me a chance to figure it out before you do anything, Okay? Isaac?"

"Danny, what do we know about momentum?" Harris asks.

"It's the product of mass and velocity." Danny answers. "The more massive something is, the faster it's going-"

"Mr. Harris, can I use the bathroom, please?" Isaac says very suddenly. Harris nods, and Isaac practically jumps out of his seat. Scott gets up from his seat.

"I have to go to the bathroom too." Scott says.

"One at a time." Harris says, motioning for him to sit down.

"But I really have to go." Scott pleads. "Like, medical emergency have to go."

"Mr. McCall, if your bladder suddenly exploded and urine began to pour from every orifice, I would still respond, 'One at a time'." Harris says, and Scott shrinks back down in his seat. "Is that enough of a hyperbole, or do you need something more vivid?"

"No. No... that's pretty good." Scott sighs.

A loud banging sound comes from the other side of the wall. I get up from my seat, running out the door, Harris and a dozen students behind me. I step into the hallway and Isaac is standing over Ethan's bloody face.

"What's is this?" Harris demands. "What's going on? You alright."

"Uh, he just- he just came at me." Ethan shakes his head.

"Isaac, what the hell did you do?" Harris demands.

Danny bends down, helping him up. My eyes dart down the hall, I see Aiden walking away with a smug look on his face. Now I'm angry.

Isaac only got lunch detention, but I didn't think the twins would stop with just this. Derek wasn't answering any of my texts or calls. This whole day just keeps getting worse. I was headed downstairs when I heard Scott calling my name.

"Kara-" Scott said coming up behind me, I stopped on the staircase looking up at him.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you think you should call Derek maybe?" He asks, continuing to walk down the stairs with me.

"I tried, he's not responding to anything." I told him. "I'm going to find Isaac, Harris usually has people in detention stock the janitors closet."

"I'll come with you." He says following me down the hall.

"You don't have to, Scott."

"I know- I just, with the twins- it's probably safer to not be alone." Scott says unconvincingly.

"Look, I know what you're trying to do- I'm sorry, I just don't have the patience for this today." I told him.

Scott's eyes stray from my face, looking down the hall behind me. "What?" I ask.

I turned around, and down the hall in front of the janitor's closet was a soda machine, blocking the door. Inside I could hear growling. The both of us ran to the door. Scott grabbed the front of the machine pulling it forward, while I pushed from the back.

I grunted, pushing as hard as I could. It slid away from the door, and I practically ripped the door open.

"Isaac!" Allison's screams were loud. I grabbed hold of Isaac's neck, pulling him off her and throwing him out of the closet.

Isaac got back up, his eyes and fangs out. Isaac looked towards me and tried to get back up, but Scott grabbed him, holding him down.

"Isaac!" Scott roared.

Isaac's breathing deteriorated and he returned to normal. I looked over to Allison, who was clutching her arm.

"Scott." I said looking at her, blood running down her arm.

"Allison," Scott gently grabbed her arm, revealing some claw marks. Thankfully they didn't look that deep.

"I'm sorry, I didn't- I didn't mean to do that." Isaac whimpers both apologetically and fearfully.

"I'm okay." Allison nods.

"I'm so sorry." Isaac whispers again.

Scott looks over at Isaac, his expression unreadable. "It's not his fault." Allison says to him.

"I know." Scott says. "I guess now we know they want to do more than get you angry. They want to get someone hurt."

"So are we gonna do something?" Isaac asks.

"Yeah..." Scott nods. "I'm gonna get them angry. Really angry."