Guardians

It had been a few days since Boyd died. Derek wasn't interested in talking to anyone, not even me. It felt like the rug had been pulled out from all of us. Between the sacrifices and the Alpha's, I didn't know what to do. Everywhere I looked, another person was dying.

Even now. Stiles Jeep screeched to a stop in the schools parking lot. Up ahead, we could see Scott getting off his bike. Stiles and I jumped out of the car, rushing to Scott.

"Where is she?" Stiles asked him.

"Over here!" Allison called us from across the courtyard. The three of us looked over, Lydia standing next to her.

"Lydia?" Stiles asked as we approached them.

"It's the same thing." She nodded her head. "Same as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here. And, you told me to call you if there's a dead body."

"You found a dead body?" I asked.

"Not yet." Lydia shook her head.

"Not yet? What do you mean, not yet?" Stiles shook his head in confusion. "Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body."

"Oh, no, I'm not doing that again." Lydia protested. "You find the dead body from now on."

"How are we supposed to find the dead body?" Stiles questioned. "You're always the one finding the dead body."

"Guys." Scott interrupts us. "I found the dead body..."

We all look over, Scott's eyes focused on the schools front sign. A body covered in blood, draped over the side of it.

"Oh my god..." I whispered, covering my mouth with my hands.

"What?" Allison asked. "Do you know her?"

"She worked with my Dad, she's a deputy at the station..." I explained.

"She's a deputy?" Scott asked. "That doesn't make sense, there were already three warrior sacrifices."

"That just leaves-" Stiles began to say, but Scott shot him a look.

"Leaves what?" I demanded. "You know what the Darach is targeting?"

"Kara-" Scott begins to say.

"You're lying- what aren't you telling me?" I demanded.

"We found out what five categories the Darach is targeting...." Stiles finally admitted. "Vigins, Warriors, healers, philosophers and..."

"What?" I pushed further.

"Guardians...." Stiles said after a moment. "Three Guardians."