Nowhere to Run

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" I asked Evan, walking down to the edge of the jogging trails.

"Course." Evan scoffed. "I've been waiting years to play lacrosse."

"You're only a freshman, dude." I said pulling my hair up in a ponytail. "Coach doesn't even let most of the freshmen players on the field."

"He will when he sees my killer moves." Evan smiles, stretching his arms.

"Mr. Lahey, happy to have you back. Not happy that you're late." Coach's voice booms. I look over, Isaac running down to us and the other students.

"Sorry, Coach." Isaac apologizes.

"I don't need to remind you that cross-country is not optional for lacrosse players. I don't need you turning into a bunch of fat-asses in the off season." Coach yells. His expression changes, as some of the boys change shirts. Most of the lacrosse team was pretty ripped, I don't think Coach had anything to worry about. "So, work on that."

Isaac goes to the front, and bends down to tie his shoe. Something in his mood changes, I see his body tensing. I notice two boys standing on either side of him. The whistle blows, and Isaac jumps up. Something's wrong, Isaac's heart was hammering crazy in his chest.

I move forward, grabbing his arm. "Isaac-"

"It's them." He pants angrily, running down the trail towards them.

"Isaac, wait!" I yell.

Scott comes running up to me. "What's wrong with him?"

"What's wrong?" Evan asks, confused.

"Um, nothing- I just. Let's go, before we finish last." I said taking off.

I run past all the other kids, attempting to catch up to Isaac. They were further up somewhere, completely out of sight. But I could hear them, their footsteps, their heartbeats.

I dart towards a clearing, jumping up into one of the trees. I grabbed the branch, launching myself to a higher one. I could see them. They had Isaac on he's knee's with his hands behind his back. I growl, leaping over to a tree closer to them.

"Ethan, I always forget, how many bones in the human body?" One of them asks.

"I don't know, let's count." The other says.

I jump down, punching him in the face. He collapses down in the dirt, and I growl at the other twin.

"One." I said glowing my eyes. He roars, showing off his claws and red eyes. I move into a crouch, growling back at him.

We hear an ear piercing scream, making all of us turn our heads.

"Kara, Isaac!" Scott shouts, running into the clearing. "You need to see this."

I let out a low growl, but back off slowly, running with them in the direction of the scream. We run around the clearing, to where a group of students were crowded around something. I could see Evan up there too.

"Evan." I said, pulling him around to look at me. Then I see what everyone was staring at. There was a guy, tied up to the tree with his throat slit.

"Hey, get out of the way! Get back!" I hear the Sheriff barking at the students. I turn around, He's here with some deputies, including my dad. "Get this area cordoned off before they trample every piece of evidence!"

"Dad-" Evan said freaked out.

"You kids need to leave, now." He told us.

"Dad, just come here." Stiles said, beckoning his dad to look at the body. "Look, Look. Look at it. It's the same as the others, you see?"

"Yeah, I see that." The Sheriff says a little agitated. "Do me a favor. Go back to school, yeah?"

The Sheriff turns around, looking to Coach. "Coach, can you give us a hand here?"

"You heard the man. Nothing to see here." Coach says ushering us further back. "Probably just some homeless kid.

"Coach." Scott says.

"Yeah?"

"He was a senior." Scott informs him.

"Oh..." Coach sighs. "He wasn't on the team, was he?"

"Kyle!" A blonde haired girl came running in, shoving Evan and I aside to get through. But one of the deputy's grabs her before she can get too close to him. "Oh, god, Kyle!"

"Oh, god!" She continued to cry.

"Kara." Dad said in a very strict and serious tone, glancing over to Evan. "Back to school, now."

"Okay." I nodded, walking back down the pathway with Scott Isaac and Stiles, just out of earshot from Evan.

"You see the way the twins looked at him?" Isaac asked.

"Yeah," Stiles said confused. "You mean like they had no idea what happened?"

"No, no, they knew." Isaac shook his head.

"The kid was strangled with a garrote, all right?" Stiles pointed out. "Am I the only one recognizing the lack of 'WereWolfitufe' in these murders?"

"Oh, you think it's a coincidence they turn up, and then people start dying?" Isaac argues with him.

"Well, no, but I still don't think it's them." Stiles says.

"Scott, Kara?" Isaac asks, looking at us. "How about you guys?"

"I don't know yet." Scott sighs.

"You don't know yet?" Stiles asks, looking completely bewildered.

"Well, he's got a point." Scott shrugs. "Seriously, dude, human sacrifices?"

"Scott, your eyes turn into yellow glow sticks, okay?" Stiles scoffs. "Hair literally grows from your cheeks, and then will immediately disappear, and if I were to stab you right now, it would just magically heal, but you're telling me you're having trouble grasping human sacrifices?"

"That's a good point too..." Scott sighs looking at Isaac.

"I don't care." Isaac says, looking back to the tree. "They killed that kid, they killed the girl that saved me. I'm gonna kill them too."