Repercussions

I pulled up to Derek's loft, the sky pouring rain. I put the car in park, but I didn't turn it off or move. My eyes focused on the rain beating down the windshield.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Isaac asks.

"No." I shook my head, blinking fast to get rid of any tears. "I'll uh- I'll be up in a minute. You go ahead."

"Okay." Isaac nods after a moment. He opens the door, and hops out. Running inside to avoid getting soaked by the rain.

I'm an absolute fuck up. How could I have been to stupid and reckless! I gripped the steering wheel tightly, so much pent up anger wanting an escape.

"Damn it..." I whispered. "Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!"

My fists repeatedly slammed against the steering wheel. Harder each time till I almost couldn't feel them. My breathing staggered, and I held onto the wheel, hanging my head down.

I didn't even know what I was doing here. Maybe I thought Derek could help, but there wasn't really anything for him to do. This was my mistake. I screwed this up.

My hands harshly wiped the tears from my eyes. I took some deep breaths, and got out of the car. I didn't try to avoid the rain, I didn't really care if I got drenched. I made it in the building and shook the rain off my jacket.

"Go!" I heard someone yell. Then a loud shattering noise, like a glass being broken.

My head jerked up at the harsh voice, and I ran up the steps, throwing open the large door. Derek was facing Isaac, and he was crouched down shielding his face.

"What the hell is going on?" I demanded. Then I noticed the glass all around Isaac. Isaac didn't say a word. He just grabbed his bag from the ground, walking right past me.

"Derek." I said persistently. "You're kicking him out?"

"Go home, Kara." Derek said looking down at the table.

"Not till you tell me what the hell is wrong." I said folding my arms. "Why did you do that?"

"I said go home!" Derek shouted, finally looking up at me and banging his fists on the table. "I don't need you here! I don't want you here! I don't want you!"

I froze, his words like a backhand to the cheek. Why was he saying these things... I didn't know what to say or do, I just froze.

My eyes went to the floor, and I slowly turned around, walking right back out the door. I didn't want to leave, but I didn't want to stay either. I tried to overcome the shock of what just happened, and ran down the stairs. Catching Isaac about to go out in the rain.

"Isaac, come on. You're staying with me." I told him, opening my car.

Isaac didn't say anything, he just got in the car with me. The car engine roared as I quickly turned it on. I tried to wipe all the rain off my face, but I knew it wasn't all rain.

I brought us back to my home, the both of us dripping in water as we went inside.

"Kara?" I heard my mom's voice from upstairs.

"Yeah." I called back. I took off my soaked jacket, hanging it up.

I could hear mom's feet coming down the stairs, followed by my dad. Their faces twisted in confusion when they saw Isaac.

"Kara, what's going on?" Mom asked.

"He needs a place to stay." I told them with pleading eyes.

"I'm sorry, Kara." Dad shook his head apologetically. "Not with Evan in this house."

"I don't think that matters anymore." I admitted, looking away from their faces.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"He saw me..." I said after a moment.

"Evan, saw you?" Mom asked, confused.

"Evan. Saw. Me." I said slowly, making eye contact with them. Then it finally clicked for them. Both of them looked astonished, and disappointed. Because they knew it was my fault, and it was.