Chapter 1~ The smell of summer

The Sun rays where peeking through her curtains, Tayla rubbed her eyes and opened her eyes. The fresh smell of summer filled her nostrils, it was her birthday in a month, she was turning 16 no doubt her best friend Scott Posey would either throw her a party and invite everyone from the school, or he'd buy her all the chocolates she loved and watch movies.

(Tayla's pov)

"Tayla wake up!" My mum yelled from the kitchen.

" otherwise I'll get Scott in there to get you outa bed!"

Urgh. First day of summer, first day of middle school, great. JUST great. I opened my eyes to find my dog, silver, sprawled across my bed. He was a big black and white husky, my mum bought him for me after the accident, to protect me and never leave my side. I don't know what she did, but he must of understood,because he follows me everywhere! I stretched my legs out, not even realising I was right at the end of the bed, before I could even think what had happened I was on the floor, with a loud thud.

Silver gave me that look like he was saying, ' not again' and face palmed back into his sleep. After about 5 minutes of laying down on the floor I managed to stand up and look into my mirror. I looked like I had slept for a century, and a half, mixed with a massive hangover and messy hair that looked like an animal. God, if any guy would wake up with me every morning would make a run for the hills! I walked over to my white clothes draws and picked out a white tank top with an eagle and some weird writing on it, dark blue jeans, and threw my black converses on my bed. My bedroom had it's own bathroom, well not exactly my own since my younger brother Jeremy shared it with me since both our doors connected with the bathroom. I quickly curled my hair with a curling iron, applied foundation and mascara. Because of my blue eyes the mascara brought them to life basically! I hurried out of the bathroom and because I just remembered it's summer now, I slipped on my favourite shorts and my favourite pink flowy tank top and put on my half length black socks and put on my black converse sneakers. Grabbed my red bag from the end of my bed and picked my phone up from my bedside table, not even checking if I had charged it or not. Before I raced out my bedroom door, I looked at silver, smiled and raced down the stairs, with of corse, silver following me. He was bigger then the normal dog, you could misplace him for a wolf if you wouldn't look at him long enough. The reason why I called him silver was because of his coat, he has blue eyes, just like mine, which was strange, but kinda cool. As I entered the kitchen mum threw my sandwich lunch and I caught it right before silver would! Dad cleared his throat, he always does that when he wants to say something!

" alrighty kido, have a great day, and stay outa trouble, make sure Melanie is ok, they're going through a rough time without their dad ok." I nodded my head and he threw a plastic drink bottle and again, I caught it straight away. Dad would always want me to try out for the football team at school, or even basketball. But I'd much prefer to stay in bed watching movies, or chilling with my best friends Mel or Scott. Mel has always had a secret crush on him, I mean, he's the most hottest most popular boys at our level at school. A lot of girls love and adore him. People often wonder why he'd want to be best friends with a freak like me. Oh well, I never bothered to talk to him about it. I gave dad a kiss on the check and walked over to mum and gave her a hug. Just as I was making my way out of the kitchen Jeremy raced past me, grabbed his lunch bag, and raced back out the door, without a goodbye. Ever since puberty hit him, he's been really distant, I don't know why, I guess it's a boy thing. I waved my parents goodbye, swung my bag over my back and opened the front door. It was probably the best thing ever to have the warm sun basically hitting me with hotness, or that might of been Scott. He was standing next to his silver Ascari ZK1. Smiling at me as I made my way to his car. I punched him in the stomach, and with that he brought me into a head lock. Nothing, and I mean nothing, could smell better then his perfume smell.

" you know I'll always win." He said as he let go of my head. I straightened out my hair since he basically wrecked all my hard work. I punched him on the arm and quickly got into the car before he'd tickle me to death. Even tho he lives right next door, he still drives that extra 20 centimetres to my house, just cause I'm to god damn lazy to walk to his car infront of his house. He smiled at me as he hopped in the car. He sped off, and of corse, not telling me, so the GeForce really hit into me. He chuckled and looked at me puzzled," did you grab your books and pencil case?" I basically went into shock, and with that he laughed and said, " they're in the backseat, I knew you'd forget them so I got your dad to give them to me yesterday after I finished mowing the lawn. You can thank me later with a chocolate ice cream treat!" I sighed with relief and hit his arm playfully. His family was really rich, like I mean million dollar rich, so yay for my birthday present this year! But like seriously, he could buy as many chocolate ice cream sundaes as he would want to! And just like he was reading my mind he chuckled again, ( he seems to do that a lot, just warning you).

" don't worry Tay, it'll be my first day of torture treat!"

I smiled at him and continued to look out the window. The smell of Scott rushing through me.