Chapter sixty

NEVADA

As soon as Vjuia has told me what to do and I know how we can get away at the fastest speed we leave the control room to help with getting people to the loading area. I got a special intercom from him so I can speak with him later and tell him what's happening. Vjuia and I split when he decides to go to the animals. The hallways are empty and the alarm is loud and angry, it's supposed to stop after twenty minutes so it should be anytime now. I enter the cafeteria and heads turn when I walk in since the doors opening breaks the silence. The people look scared and confused. Mehantja,  Raytjuisa, and Uyhjisea are standing in the corner talking and I walk over to them.

"What are you doing? They all look terrified, you should talk to them!" I tell them confused by their action.

"We are sorting them into groups so we safely can get them to the loading area, we don't want them to be scared," he says. I fight the urge to roll my eyes. Sometimes it's scarier not knowing what's happening than being kept in the dark. I know that. 

"It's not fair and I don't think they can get any less terrified!" I say.

"What should we say then? You talk to them!"  Raytjuisa says with a tone that makes him sound human and it makes me smirk. Finally a time I can get head to head with them. 

"Nobody would listen to me!" I tell him back.

"Everyone here respects you and see you as this strong woman! You have survived so much," he says and even though he is sounding frustrated and angry I see in his eyes that he means it. I didn't know that people thought that about me, I only thought they saw a broken girl they need to help. I give him a weak smile, maybe I can do this after all. 

"We need to ask if anyone is willing to fight if it comes to that," Uyhjisea interrupts us. We both look at him. I hadn't thought about it but there is no doubt in my mind that I would throw myself into that fight. 

"Okay, I'll do it," I say and I walk to stand up at a table, feeling confident but also awkward which is a weird combination. 

"Can I get everyone's attention!" I shout and I feel like a flight attendant but everyone looks up at me. 

"I know that you are all scared and confused about what is going on. I know what it's like being kept in the dark and therefore I'm going to be honest with all of you. There are creatures coming our way, threatening us because they want this ship. But we are not going to let them, I promise you that. We do have a plan which involves all of you being safe in the loading area. Raytjuisa and Uyhjisea are dividing you into groups right now. You don't need to panic because everything is going to be alright. I have watched you for the last years and I know that even though you are people who live in harmony you are strong. We help each other. Being kind isn't a weakness, it's our strength so all we need to do now is take care of each other, protect each other. That's the way you have always lived, a way I'm proud to have become a part of and that's what we will keep doing. I need to ask you if there is anyone willing to fight if it comes to that, if you are, you can come over to me." I finish and walk down the table and a woman close to me that I don't know the name of hugs me tight.

"Thank you," she says and I'm shocked by her words. I wasn't giving a motivational speech I was only giving the news. I smile at the woman and walk back to Raytjuisa and Uyhjisea.

"That was great Nevada!" Raytjuisa tells me and I smile at him. 

"Are you ready?" I ask him and he nods and they start calling out names. I walk to the loading area and get all the knives that the ship has in a bag and then walk up again. I take a chair and sit down in a corner. I see the familiar face walking towards me and I stand up.