Chapter Twenty

Panic grabs me and I stop before we can get to the food. 

"What's wrong?" Murphy says with worry on his face. What should I do? I need to get back to my old cell, I can't be near them now. How can I say goodbye now?

"I'm sorry. I'll miss you." I say and look at them both one last time. They both look at me with confusion. Before I even realize what I'm doing I sprint to the food and get a tray and run up to the guy with a wife and kids who hit on me, I can't even remember his name. I take the tray and punching him in the head with it, he deserves it but I don't like to do this. He stands up with fury in his eyes and I see Wilson and Murphy run towards me and all the other men are staring at me with either shock or admiration in their eyes. Sick people. I start running towards the exit and I'm to fast for anyone to get to me or stop me.

"Nevada! Stop!" Wilson screams but I run out the doors and through the corridor. I don't know where I'm going, I just need to get caught by someone other than Murphy or Wilson. An alarm starts to scream through the halls and I can hear people screaming after me. My lungs burn from lack of oxygen but I continue running and look behind me but I can't see anyone and I turn a corner. I see at least twenty men walking towards me with guns in their hands, pointed at me and I stop running and stand still.

"Put your hands above your head and sit on the floor." A man yells at me and I do as he says. They think I will be able to do some crazy alien moves on them and they slowly walk towards me. I can't help but smirk to what I just did until Doc walks through the crowd towards me with a syringe in her hand and fury in her eyes. Fear starts creeping through me as she stands before me, I still hold her gaze, I can't let her see how much she scares me.

"You disgusting bitch!" She yells at me and slaps me across the face. Fear is replaced by anger and I start standing up wanting to punch her until the military men shoot me. I start to stand up but before I can get up fully she presses the syringe to my neck and I fall to the floor into darkness.

"Nevada! Wake up!" Mahaijla screams inside my head so it hurts and I sit up straight in the bed.

"I'm up! Did I miss it?" I say back not even looking at my surroundings.

"You have been out for an hour only, but I thought I should wake you up since your plan failed." She says and I can hear the nervousness in her voice. What did she mean? I look around me, I'm in my usual room and my legs are strapped to the bed but not anything else. Wilson is leaning against the wall and looks at me with a bruise on his face.

"What happened to your face?" I ask him, my voice hoarse. He gives a dry laugh with disgust.

"That is what happens when you disappoint boss." Of course, they would hurt him, I ran from him. But worse would happen if I didn't take that risk, well, it doesn't matter now that it didn't work.

"I'm sorry. Why am I not in my old cell?" I ask him and he gets a curious expression on his face.

"Do you want to be there?" 

"Yes!" I basically scream out in frustration.

"Why would you want to be back in that cage?" He raises a brow.

"To protect you!" I scream out again and then throw my self back on the bed and put my hands on my face. Why did I just say that? It could ruin everything. But could I have even gotten out off that cell? Helplessness flows through me. I feel the weight of the bed shift and Wilson sits down on the edge.

"What can I do now, Mahaijla?"

"You need to get the blood from the machine inside you into your system, then you can probably kick the door open." She says. How could I do that? I need help.

"Can I tell him?"

"It's a risk, but you are beginning to run out off options." 

"Did she do any experiments on your brain?" Wilson asks but doesn't look at me. He thinks I'm crazy, well if I tell him this he will probably send me straight to Doc and say I'm out of my mind.

"Wilson, I'm going to tell you something. I'm not crazy but you may think that but all I'm asking is that you will listen to me. I don't expect you to help me but I'm running out off options here." I tell him and I can hear how nervous I sound. My can feel my heart beating faster. What if he tells Doc or his boss about the escape plan?

"Okay." He responds and looks at me. I take a deep breath and start telling him everything from the start. How I can communicate with Mahaijla by blood, about the rescue plan and how I was trying to protect him and Murphy. He doesn't say anything as I talk, he just stares at the floor but I can feel that he is listening. When I'm done talking we sit there in a few minutes of silence like he is debating what to do.

"Please, say something." 

"I can't risk my sister, Nevada." He says and my heart drops.

"But I can take you to the infirmary and say that you fainted, that gives you at least a chance." He continues and looks into my eyes as he says it. Hope once again surrounds me and I smile at him. He wants to help.

"Well, we can hope he does what he says," Mahaijla says in my head but I don't listen to her, instead I hug Wilson close to me and he hugs me back.