Chapter nineteen

Murphy and Wilson exchange a look of worry, they probably think that I'm crazy. It didn't mean to say out loud that I'm getting out of here. They don't know about the alien talking to me in my head, well, that sounds kind of crazy. But after everything I have been through that they have seen, it shouldn't come as a big surprise if they knew about the way we can communicate. But I can't tell them, it would put them in a risk, even if I'm in their custody and manage to escape, they will get punished. I do care for them, even Wilson and I would miss them when I'm gone so I can't risk that they will get hurt. But I can't stop crying happy tears and I smile bright. I'm getting out.

"I'm fine," I tell them and put on my robe and turn around so they can handcuff me. They take me back to my own room instead of Wilsons and I sit down on my bed.

"Mahaijla, how will your people get me out?" I ask her in my head.

"You will have to get to my cell. The rest you will see."

"How will I be able to do that?" 

"I don't know, you will have to solve it."

"Nevada?" Murphy says dragging me back to reality from my conversation with Mahaijla.

"Yeah?" I respond. They both are standing there looking nervous.

"I was asking why you are looking so happy and then you started staring at the wall."

"Ehm, was I? I was just thinking."  I say stumbling over my words.

"Tell us what's going on," Wilson says and I look at him.

"Don't," Mahijla says.

"I wasn't going to."

"You think he's hot. "

"No, I don't," I say surprising myself with saying it out loud instead off in my head with denial and annoyance in my voice.

"I mean, nothing is going on. You can leave now." I continue.

"I need to overlook the supply transportation. You stay here?" Murphy says.

"I don't need a babysitter and I'm fine," I say and put my hands up like I'm under arrest. Wilson just nods his head.

"See you at dinner," Murphy says and gives me a smile and leaves the room. Wilson grabs a book from the dresser and sits down on the floor and starts reading.

"I don't even know where your cell is," I tell her.

"I can guide you from your room when they have arrived but you will have to get out off the room and get yourself here." 

How can I manage to get there? There are people in the hallway, security, that can get me. How can I fight them? How can I get out of this room? How can I prevent them to harm Wilson and Murphy? 

"You will figure it out. Don't worry. You got six days to prepare."

"Can I get my sketchbook?" I ask Wilson and he nods and stands up and walks out of the room. I take the opportunity to shower and brush my teeth and change into my pajamas, even if it's in the of the day. I like being comfy. When I get back to the room Wilson is sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall reading. The sketchbook and pencils are laying on the bed and I squeal and jump on the bed opening it. 

"Where do you come from?" I ask Wilson.

"Miami." He answers without looking up. I smile for myself, I have been to Miami two times. I start drawing.

"Look," I say to Wilson when I'm done sketching after an hour, I stand up and give him the sketch. I drew Miami beach with the iconic lifeguard hut. He takes the sketch and smiles for himself.

"It's beautiful. Where did you learn to draw?" He asks and smiles. My own smile dies and I feel pain in my chest from the memories.

"My dad. He was a fantastic artist." I say looking down, I miss him so much.

"I read in your file about the accident. It doesn't help you but I'm sorry. I know how you are feeling." He says and gives me a weak smile but in his eyes shows pain and sorrow. It's unusual for me to see him like this, without the stone wall he always puts up. 

"Have you lost someone?" I ask him and sit down in front of me. He opens and closes his mouth, looking uncertain what to say.

"My dad died when I was four. My mom overdosed when I was sixteen. It's only me and my sister now, she is the reason why I'm here. Couldn't afford college so I needed a way to help her be able to grow up as normally as possible and get a degree. But now, if I leave, they will kill her." He says and looks me straight in the eyes, many people wouldn't be able to share that and have a straight face. Tears threaten to escape my eyes, I now realize why he has that wall, hell, I have the same problem. Somehow I feel comfortable around him anyways in a way I wouldn't with even Murphy, I can't ruin Wilson with my darkness because he has it living inside of him too. I hug him tightly expecting him to push me away but instead, he hugs me back, we stay like that for a few minutes. 

"I'm sorry too," I say as we pull apart.

"I know." I grab a book from the pile, Alice in Wonderland and sit next to him and start reading next to where he has continued to read his book. The silence is nice, not awkward, just comfortable.

A few hours later Murphy bursts through the door and I almost jump from where I'm sitting next to Wilson. We hadn't moved since I sat next to him.

"What is this? A book club? I have read Fifty Shades of Grey, can I join?" He almost shouts.

I start laughing, he is so weird. Even Wilson chuckles. 

"Let's go to din-din." He says and we stand up and I yawn and we follow him out of the room to the dining hall.

"I wish we could have pets down here," Murphy says with a pout.

"What would you have if you could?" I ask.

"A horse, I grew up with them." He says seriously and I can hear the longing in his words. I wonder how long they will have to be here. Do they have a contract, or is this for life? I would have to ask later.

"I would want a giant lizard," I say and Murphy's eyebrows go up.

"What?" Wilson asks. He doesn't usually get involved in our conversations.

"Yup. They are like dinosaurs." I reply as we walk into the dining hall. I can't tell them about the rescue that's going to take place, I can't trust them with that since they are threatened to be here. I would want to help them out of here too but then their families would get killed, I need to get out off their way before that happens.

"You might want to plan that fast. There is a change of plans, they are coming tomorrow." I hear Mahaijla say as if on cue.