Chapter forty-six

A/N Mahaijla will get her own book! It will take place before she was captured and experimented on at the base! I'll post the first three chapters tomorrow.

NEVADAS POV / ONE MONTH LATER

For one month now I have been working and studying. I have tried to push away all negative feelings and thoughts. I work as a cleaner which I surprisingly liked, I have always liked being alone so it was good for me. I told Mahaijla that I wanted to contribute so she asked me what I wanted to work with and I said journalism. I didn't really know what to say at first because I have not been able to even think that I have a future. So right now during the days, I study their original language and work. 

I'm mopping the corridor when Mehanjta taps me on the shoulder.

"Hi Nevada, sorry to bother you but could you please come with me?" He asked and I quickly nod my head as soon as I see his worried expression. I leave my equipment on the floor as I follow him to the infirmary. When I see the doors I immediately stop and when he realized it he turns around.

"I'm sorry Nevada but Mahaijla really needs your blood," he says and I swallow the lump in my throat and force my feet to walk forward. My heart is starting to race. This is not the base. Doc is not here. No one is going to hurt you. I calm my breathing and it feels a little bit better. We get into a room in the infirmary where Mahaijla is laying on a bed asleep. She looks pale and has dark circle under her eyes. 

"What happened to her?" I ask.

"She collapsed while working, she needs your blood again." He answers and takes out a syringe.

"May I?" I nod my head and close my eyes as he takes my blood. 

WILSONS POV / ONE YEAR AFTER HE LEFT THE SHIP / BANGKOK

After all the places we have lived in the last year, this must be the best. I managed to find a little apartment that has a bedroom and a living room. It's in a bad neighboorhood and we see at least a few cockroaches a day but for the first time, we felt safe. Cameron and I work at the market for an old couple selling vegetables and fruit. We didn't get a lot of money but it's enough to pay rent and we get the food that hasn't been sold on the market. For a year we have traveled through half of the world in silence, we have seen mine and Nevadas' faces on the news, telling them we are wanted and will give a million dollar reward. 

We were close to getting caught on a train station in France but we were able to get away. I could see my fourteen-year-old sister being scared sometimes when we are walking in public and I hate seeing her like that. I dyed my hair light brown and kept my stubble growing for a bit. I and Em look so much alike, she also has black hair and green eyes.

Em and Cameron are in our apartment as I walk into the grocery store to buy water. I have a loose black t-shirt and loose beige pants and a black cap on my head. The lights from the bars and stores light up the dark and mopeds and cars drive fast on the street beside me. 

Just like every day this year, I think about what Nevada is doing right now. What galaxy is she in? Is she happy? Her long golden hair and the bright smile she has. I wonder how she would have been if her parents didn't die and if she didn't get abducted.

I walk into the small grocery store that greets me with a bell plinging. I quickly scan the store with my gaze and see a woman with two children looking at the candy, other than them and the cashier there is no one in the store. I walk with my face down since I know there is a camera in the right corner of the store so I rely on my hearing instead, the last thing I need is getting caught. I walk towards the water section when I hear the bell of someone walking in and I resist the urge to turn around. 

"Good evening, I was wondering if you have seen any of these people? They are on the run from the government of America." A man says to the cashier. I said too soon that we were safe, how did they even find us? I gently put the water down and start walking to the door with my head low. I'm tall with a large frame so he must notice me but I keep quiet.

"Not much English, I see much Americans," the cashier answers. God bless Mr.Mao. When I almost reach the door I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Excuse me, sir, can I ask you a question?" He says. I can beat this guy but then it would be on camera, I just need to get out of the store. I shake my head and walk out.

"Wait!" He shouts and I feel him behind me, which is a risky position for me to be in. I turn around when he is outside too and his eyes widen in shock. He pushes his earpiece.

" I have the location of Alexander Wils," he starts but can't say any more because I throw him onto the ground and punch him in the face and I hear the crack of his nose and blood pouring. When he is knocked out I take off running, since he would be able to call for back-up there must be people close by. My cap flies off but I run faster and get to our apartment quickly.

"We need to go, they found us!" I shout when I barge the door open. Cameron starts grabbing our stuff and I take my backpack and I look out of the window. Three men are standing outside looking up the building. 

"We need to go through the back!" I shout and I see Em looking frozen and scared. I grab her arm and we run down the stairs and we stop on the lowest floor and I look through the window to the back where there is a dark, small alley.

"Let's go!" I say and we run out of the door and I see a few men running towards us. Fuck.