Chapter thirteen

I don't know how long I have been out but it couldn't have been long. The pain, shock and the stress on my body made me pass out. No matter how much I wanted to wake up in my room with Murphy there to try to make me laugh, but no. I'm still in the room with Doc towering above me with a syringe in her hand. 

"What's in that?" I ask out loud but neither Doc or Blondie answers, they don't think of me as a human with a beating heart, they just see a thing they can do whatever they want with.

"Rabies." I hear Mahaijla say to me.

"Why?"

"I can't have rabies, my blood fixes it as it enters my system, they want to see if you can do the same."

"Now we will expose number seventeen to a strong dose of Lyssavirus, the source of the Sanguis has already proven to eradicate the virus within seconds of exposure." She says to the recorder out loud. I wonder when she listens back to the recordings of her experiments on me if it even affects her to hear me scream and beg. I feel the needle against my arm, fear showers over me that I become paralyzed and I lay completely still. My heart pounds so loudly that I can hear it and I start breathing faster. 

"You need to calm down! Let the blood work." Mahaijla says, but I can't I'm going into a panic attack. 

After a few seconds, my body starts seizing and my muscles tenses. Tears spill from my eyes and my throat thickens and foam starts to form, my head is tied back so I try to spit it out as much as I can. The seizures continue for what feels like forever and then stop and I feel weak. I can't move and tears continue spilling. I close them and open and it's no longer Doc and Blondie standing over me and watching me, instead it's Wilson and Murphy. I want to scream but I can't, it feels like I'm choking on all the saliva. Doc unties the strap around my head and tilt it to the side, throwing up on the floor. I close my eyes tightly and open them after a few seconds and I no longer see Murphy and Wilson. I can start feeling my body again and the blood tingles, I start feeling better and better but at the same time worse.

"Number seventeens vitals are stable after five minutes and forty-five seconds from the injection." She says.

My body feels okay but mentally I'm exhausted and broken.

"We have proven that if a grown woman has half of her blood Sanguis she can fight off a Lyssavirus in five minutes,"  Doc says and turns off the recorder.  

"Help me with this one," Doc says to Blondie and points at Mahaijla. They start rolling her out of the room and I'm all alone. I wonder if I can go back to my room now, I just want to fall asleep and forget that this ever happened. But I guess that she got more to do since Murphy and Wilson are not here, they usually are. I start to feel confused, I have a bad feeling about it. I lay there waiting for Doc to come back, but she doesn't.

"Have they left you in your room?" I ask Mahaijla in my head.

"Yes."

"They left me alone here and they haven't come back."

"I don't know why." 

I have been here for about fifty minutes, I have counted. I tried speaking with Mahaijla but she needed to sleep she had lost a lot of blood. I'm bored out of my mind that I count the seconds. Then the door opens and Will and Doc comes into the room, Will has a wheelchair with him. Doc walks behind me and I can hear that she is opening a cabinet and doing something, then she comes back to me with another syringe and put it in my arm.

"What is that?" I ask but I realize what it is as I almost immediately feel sleepy. It must have been a really high dose since I have Sanguis in my system it would be fighting the drug. I don't fall asleep but I can barely move. Doc removes the straps and together with Will they lift me onto the wheelchair. They then strap my legs and waist to it and Will roll me out of the room. It almost hurts to keep my eyes open so I close them as my body feels heavier. I feel him make turns and walk me for a few minutes. My mind starts to clear up and I can open my eyes, I can also feel my body tingle now that I'm paying attention to it. We come to a hallway and I realize where I am, it's the first cell I was in, the one that reminded me of a zoo. Will slides his card and pushes a code and the door opens and he rolls me inside it and removes the straps and I get up and sit on the bed.

"It's because I called her a bitch, right?" I ask looking down at the floor.

"And a psychopath." He says as he rolls out the wheelchair.

"You will be here for a week, if you behave, you can move back to your other room. I'll bring your food soon." He says and walks away. 'If I behave' I wonder what he would have done if he was tortured and experimented on. I have my scars to prove that. I lift up my hospital gown, I haven't looked at my stomach since before Doc stabbed me. The stitches from when she removed my kidney are gone and is replaced with a scar and there is even a bigger one where she stabbed me. I still had some dried blood on them which is disgusting and now I won't even be able to shower for a week. I miss Murphy. I even miss Wilson.