Chapter forty-seven

Sorry for the late updates, I have been sick and I'm transferring to another school. Buuuut THANK YOU FOR 10.5 K READS!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT! I'm really curious if you see a celebrity or a certain person when you are reading? 

NEVADAS POV / ONE YEAR ON THE SHIP

I have learned that people can be broken exactly like mirrors, you can glue the pieces together but you will still see that it had been shattered. That's what I see when I see myself and I can see the thought reflect on the others faces. It's been a year since I arrived on the ship and more often than not I feel claustrophobic even though the ship is huge. The thought of traveling for 9 more years scare me because I sometimes feel like I'll shatter if I can't get out soon. The only solution for those moments is either getting medication so I fall asleep or watching the stars. The stars are nothing I could ever get tired of seeing. The light in the eternal darkness is soothing for me, it gives me hope for myself. 

I turned eighteen, I'm now fluent in their language and I spend most of my days taking photographs of the ship and its people. I kept to myself for the most of the time even if the people are really nice, well, except one. Yvjtija looks like a bodybuilder and he works with reparations of the ship, whenever he sees me he gets a disgusted look on his face. That's why I get nervous when I see him walking towards the corner of the ship where I usually stargaze. He has an angry expression on his face and I pull my knees even closer to my chest to make myself look smaller so he hopefully won't notice me. 

His footsteps become louder and somehow they give me unease. I get a flashback from when I jump out of the tree Wilson and I were hiding in, when I was shot by Murphy. Not a day went by when I didn't think about those two. I see  Yvjtija feet stop beside me and I slowly turn my head up towards him.

"Eh, hello," I say and I can hear the nervousness in my voice. 

"You are a waste of space," he says and smiles towards me. Anger replaces the unease and I stand up. 

"What have I ever done to you? Why are you so mean? Don't even answer, I'm leaving," I say and start walking around him but he takes a step to the side, blocking my way.

"I don't know why they even brought you, you are nothing, your species is disgusting," he says and I feel my blood starting to boil. 

"I have a purpose here and wasn't your species meant to be peaceful and live in harmony?" I say and his face shows a hint of surprise. I try to pass him again but he grabs my arm. I spin around and he spits me right in the face and lets out a laugh.

"Only with my species," he says and I wipe the spit with the sleeve of my arm and look up at his grinning face and I kick him between his legs, he lets out a grunt and lets go of my arm. I start walking away even though I just want to kick him again but it isn't worth it. I get away a few steps away when I'm tackled to the ground and I'm rolled over to my back as he straddles my waist and starts delivering punches to my face. 

"You little bitch!" He yells and I try to get my arms away from under his knees but they won't budge. I hear a crack and blood pours down my face. I try to push his weight off me with my knees but he is too big. He stops punching my face and I let out a breath of relief until he grabs my head and smash it to the ground hard and I see stars and I feel like I'm going to pass out and I welcome the thought. My face and head are screaming in pain. He puts his hands around my throat as my vision becomes less blurry and he tightens his grip and my eyes widen as I try to pull in air. I feel the pressure of his knees becoming weaker and I pull my arms out and try to push him away with all the strength I have left. I push on his face and try to reach his eyes but he pulls his head away and chuckles. My lungs are burning, screaming for oxygen, my head is pounding and I feel like it's going to blow because of the pressure. 

"You are going to die and I'll throw your body out into oblivion!" I see is lips say but I can't hear any words coming out. Maybe I'll see my parents again is all I can think and the thought soothes me and I close my eyes. In an instant, his weight is thrown off me as something hits the ship so hard that it tilts to the side. I open my eyes as I roll down the floor. I hear a loud ringing around me that reminds me of a fire alarm. I see  Yvjtija get up and kicks me hard in the ribs with his two right feets and then runs away. I put my hand over my ribs but take it away quickly as it hurts too much, he must have broken at least one. The ship tilts back so it's directly. I try to get as much air as I can into my lungs but I can't take deep breaths because my ribs hurt too much.

I hear someone talking in the loudspeakers but I can't understand the words. It feels like I'm being ripped away from my body like I'm floating away in the ocean. I'm relived that it doesn't hurt anymore as darkness surrounds me. Am I really dying now? How many times can you cheat death?