Chapter 28

From the moment my key went into the door, an unfathomable amount of calls and texts from Jeremy began to roll in. I counted at least 25 missed calls and 10 groveling text messages before powering off my phone and moving on with my life.

Tionna, Leah, and Abiana were all hanging out in the kitchen area with the baby when I walked through the door. After conversing with them for a couple of minutes, I went back into my room to gather a few items necessary to get in the shower. All of a sudden, the doorbell began ringing incessantly.

"Who is that ringing my f****n doorbell like a goddamn fool?" Tionna snapped from the kitchen.

"I'LL GET IT!" I shouted from my room which was nearest the door.

Prior to heading that way, I looked out my bedroom window to see if the individual responsible was visible. From my vantage point, it was hard to tell since it was dark outside and the door lamp was not illuminated properly. I did, however, observe Jeremy's vehicle parked out front in the same spot that I walked away from.

"I know damn well, that better not be who I think it is," I fussed, walking over to the intercom button, "WHO IS IT!" I spat rudely, then listened for a response.

"Can you come out and talk?" Jeremy asked in a sad and pathetic tone.

"No! Go away!" I responded, then walked away from the intercom. He continued his obnoxiously ringing once again. "STOP IT!" I yelled into the speaker.

"Move!" Tionna said pushing me out the way to take control of the intercom button. "Who the f**k is this ringing my doorbell like they're crazy."

"Oh, hey Tee, it's Jeremy. Wasn't sure if the bell was working or not. Umm, I was just trying to talk to Shauna. Can you tell her to come down or let me up?" he asks in a nice and pleasant voice.

I shook my head and waved my arms frantically as if to say, "tell him no, and I'm not coming down either!"

"Shauna says she is not available at this time, sir. Now, stop ringing my damn doorbell, before I come down myself to personally whoop your a**. You ain't the only crazy one! Now, go home, Jeremy!"

I ran back to my bedroom window just in time to see him get into his car then drive away. It was impossible to tell whether he was upset or not, but at least he was finally gone. Space was the only thing that could fix this. 

Tionna soon followed behind me to peek out the window as well. Before leaving, she had some words of wisdom to offer.

"I don't know what's going on between Y'all, but SOMETHIN' ain't right. You better fix it or stop playing with people's emotions, before you find yourself in a world of trouble. Understand?" she preached before going about her business.

While in the shower, I cried like a baby. Not exclusively because of the obvious reasons, but also, because I had broken one of Tionna's many rules by bringing drama to her house. There was no doubt in my mind that this wasn't over.

I turned on my phone just in time to encounter a barrage of never-ending new text messages in addition to the previous 10.

"Who does this?" I whispered confusingly at my cell phone screen. There were just so many messages!

7:02 PM: "BABY...PLEASE TALK TO ME!"

7:02 PM: "I'M SO SORRY."

7:03 PM: "I NEED YOU."

7:03 PM: "I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU.'

7:03 PM: "I WAS LYING ABOUT FINDING SOMEONE ELSE."

7:05 PM: "PLEASE!"

7:05 PM: "ARE YOU THERE?"

7:06 PM: "CAN WE JUST TALK?"

7:07 PM: "ARE YOU SERIOUSLY PREGNANT?

7:07 PM "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?"

7:08 PM: "WHY ARE YOU HURTING ME LIKE THIS?"

7:09 PM: "WHAT ABOUT OUR BABY?"

7:09 PM: "I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU."

I couldn't even read all the messages because his calls simultaneously continued to pour in. Realizing there was no end in sight when he called again, I answered...