Chapter 3 - An Offer

Start from the beginning

Taehyung's brow raised upon hearing his father's remark "I'm not after all that's what I'd opted, architecture is the most beautiful thing I'd ever encountered."

"With the ability and influence we have in the industry, you know well that it's not necessary to have a stronger connection with Seoul Investment Bank," the old man eyed concernedly at his son who was forced to be mature faster than anyone has to be. "I never expect you to accept your eomma's wedding arrangement without giving an attempt to against it."

"Perfectly fine with it," he patted on the dorsum of his father's hand. "Not that I'm seeing anyone."

"If that's what you want, I won't comment more. How's SH Enterprise doing, I heard that your uncle has been giving them some hard time."

"None of your concern, I'm in control of it." He didn't want his father to be worried with works when all he has to do now is free from stress.

"You know, I treasure this friend a lot. Uncle Bae may not be as influential or reputable as us, but back then when I was nothing and have none of these things, he was there for me," Mr. Kim smiled gratefully upon recalling the strong friendship he shared with Mr. Bae

Taehyung clasped hands tightened upon the mention of Mr. Bae, he wasn't sure if he should tell his father about his buddy's condition.

"Make sure things don't go overboard with Young Chul."

"No worries, I'll ensure uncle don't get to touch SH Enterprise anymore."

"Uncle Bae has a lovely daughter, I always wanted to tie a red string on either you or your brother," punching on his palm, Mr. Kim eyed at Taehyung "you could have sound me earlier that you are fine with arranged marriage."

Taehyung gulped, "his daughter has a strong character, he wouldn't accept such irrational arrangement."

"You don't even know her well, who are you to say that?"

Taehyung was about to say something but the beeping sound of his phone diverted his attention as he received a new email from his lawyer, the draft agreement was ready.

-

"Joohyun-ah," Mrs. Bae held on her hand delicately "I have found someone who could save us, save our business."

Joohyun looked at Mrs. Bae, her eyes were shimmering with hope "Really, that's good. Who is that, one of appa's business partner?"

"But he has a condition and only you can fulfill this."

"Me?" she frowned, not understanding what she could offer to make this deal sealed.

"Kim Taehyung's condition, is you. He wants you."

Joohyun eyes widened when she heard the name. She instantly withdrew her hand from her mother and it began to trembled in fear.

"Eomma, what are you talking about," her voice was shaking "do you mean Uncle Kim is willing to help us."

"Honey, no," Mrs. Bae grabbed hold on Joohyun's tiny hands again "Mr. Kim is still away from office resting after his heart surgery. Now only his son, Kim Taehyung could save us and all he wants is you."

"Eomma, why would he want me there's nothing that I can offer. Besides, he hated me we are not even friends did you misunderstand him?"

"Every man is greedy and desirous, they just want to play till the very last minute before they tie themselves down with a marriage. Any woman would be fine for them."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Joohyun-ie, just one-night eo...just give yourself to him one night and our problems will be resolved. You can do it right?"