Forgiveness Barr from One - Chapter 29

Joes PoV
We all walked into the house. Rina was staring at me and Dianne giving us a look to say 'give him a chance to explain' i smiled at her so she knew that i would keep Dianne calm. I turned away and looked at Mark, he had his head bowed and then lifting it up he opened his mouth to talk before we made eye contact. He stopped opening his mouth and gave me a slight smile and a sad look. I knew i shouldn't feel sorry for him because he just slagged me off and his own daughter and grand child, but i felt sorry for him. He looked genuinely worried that he had hurt us. I spoke first.
"Mark, i don't know what you're going to say but its fine. I'm a bit hurt that you said those things about me and my child, and your own child as well but it's fine. I just want you to understand that Anthony just wasn't right for Di and i hope to god that i am. I will always treat her amazing, to the best of my ability, whether you like me or not. I love your daughter and nothing can change that". I felt Dianne's grip tighten around me and i looked down, she had tears in her eyes. "Its okay babe," I whispered. She just mouthed. 'I love you'.
"Joe. I am so sorry about what i said. I think i just over reacted. Dianne is my only baby girl and she's worked so hard to become a dancer and now she's on strictly I'm just worried that it will ruin her body. Of course i am happy that you are having a child. But my instant reaction to finding out that my own baby girl is pregnant was always going to be difficult. I love her so much and i over reacted. I hope you both will forgive me. I am genuinely sorry". He paused for a moment before carrying on. "Dianne. Please, i love you with all my heart. I never meant to hurt you or Joe. Im nothing but excited for your baby. I was just shocked, i didn't expect to be hearing that from you and.."
"Dad calm down. I love you too and i know that you were just shocked" she ran over to her dad and hugged him tightly and when she pulled back she looked to me and i just simply nodded. "And actually Dad I'm glad you did that because i wouldn't have run iff if you hadn't and Joe wouldn't have proposed to me. So thank you!" She came back over to me and i wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her in closer and kissing her.
"Wait you two are engaged Dot?" 
"Yeah. Are you okay with that?"
"Of course i am" to this i had a smile grow on my face.
"I was going to ask for your permission sometime today but everything kicked off. So sorry" Rina butted in.
"Oh don't be so silly Joe we all love you and you are so good for Dianne. It only makes sense. What with the baby as well. Congratulations". After this she turned to her husband. "Us on the other hand will have a chat later. Your daughter may have forgiven you but you will have to work harder for my forgiveness!" Everything was okay again. Apart from them two but for me and Di. It was perfect. She looked up into my eyes, the biggest smile on her face and said.
"I cant wait to be your wife!" 

A/N
Sorry for not uploading for a few days. Hope you enjoy xx
Also i will put the next chapter in Dianne's PoV sorry for it just being Joe's at the moment