Truth telling - Chapter 10

*time skip to Joes apartment*

Joes PoV
Zoe just left and as soon as she was out of sight i locked the door. Dianne said she was coming over but i didn't want her to get hurt. I really missed being with her and i would do anything for her but she shouldn't be coming round. If she gets hurt i will just blame myself. I kept thinking to myself about everything, what had happened a few years ago and what had happened tonight. I was broke out of my daydream as i heard loud banging on the door. I rushed over to it thinking it might be Dianne in danger but i opened the door to see Anthony. He looked upset, like he had been crying but he also looked angry, very angry.

Anthony's PoV
Dianne broke up with me. I rushed out of the door and then i found myself outside Joes apartment. He opened the door and at that point i felt so terrible about the fact Dianne and i had split but i was fuming at him. He just stood there looking at me. He tried calming me down but before i knew it, my fist was in his face. I froze. I heard footsteps running towards me and i just stood there. I heard a small shout "what did you do? Omg he's bleeding Anthony". It clicked to me. It was Dianne shouting. I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks. I looked down to the ground and back up to Joe who stood there with blood running down his face. I couldn't stay i felt terrible. I sprinted off down the hall and didn't look back. I couldn't.

Dianne's PoV
I went running up to Joes flat and as soon as i got to the end of the hall i saw Anthony at Joes door. I ran towards him and came to a stop as soon as i saw Joes face bleeding. I screamed at Anthony; " what have you done?" He looked so shocked, he looked down then up again and just sprinted away. I quickly steeped into the flat and locked the door behind us. I led Joe to the sofa and got him some tissue.
"Joe you're bleeding, I'm so sorry".
Before he replied he just looked away and then turned back and said;
"Don't be sorry Di, but why, why did you do it?".
"Do what?".
"3 years ago Di why did you break my heart?".
I didn't know what to say so i just started explaining.

*flashback to 3 years ago*

Dianne's PoV
Me and Joe had spent so much time together since he decided to stay and today he was taking me to England, first to his place and then to meet his parents. I was so excited it was unreal. I wasn't too keen on flights but he helped me.
"Joe I really don't like flights"
"It's okay Di, I've got you".
Before i knew it we were in London and heading to his flat. We decided to stop off at a shop and get some food. I went off searching for marshmallows while Joe went to get some drinks and I accidentally bumped into someone. I looked up and at first i thought oh sorry and then i looked at him again and he looked quite nice. I dismissed that knowing that i was with Joe, well not officially but i was basically with him, i found Joe and just as we were paying i saw the guy again. This time he winked at me and slid a note in my back pocket. When i got back to Joe's flat i read it in the bathroom. It was his name and phone number. I decided to start texting him and then I remembered, Joe, how did i forget him? Omg i felt crap but me and Anthony kept texting. It wasn't until a few weeks after i had came to London that Joe had gone out and I decided to meet Anthony. He was so nice to me. Almost as nice as Joe but for some reason I started to like him more and more. It was about 2 weeks later that i told Joe that i was texting Anthony. He was heart broken and so was I. He stormed off crying and told me to get out of his house so i did just that. I couldn't have blamed him for wanting me out though. I broke him. As far as i know. He didn't come back to London for a good 6 months and then after a year or 2 i found strictly. I had Anthony and everything seemed okay but a small part of me thought of Joe and how I'd hurt him everyday.

* end of flashback *

Joes PoV
Dianne sat there in silence for about 10 minutes. I could tell she was thinking, remembering what happened. She started mumbling words to me which i couldn't quite work out. I asked her what she meant and she replied crying;
"Joe, honestly i never wanted to hurt you. It just happened. I really wish it didn't happen. We could be so happy now. I cant handle this. Im so sorry, I've got to go".
As soon as i heard the words 'I've got to go' she stood up and walked towards the door. I dropped my tissue and ran over to her holding her back. I turned her around and she looked me in the eyes.
"I wish you never did that to me. It hurt so bad to lose you. For 6 months i couldn't eat, talk or sleep properly. I was really hurt. I don't know how to explain how hurt i was. But when i saw you the other day on the dance floor waiting for your partner to be revealed. All that hurt went away. I knew from that first day in Australia ,where we took your niece and nephew out, that i had fallen for you. I knew you were the one. Snd thats why it never stopped hurting. Until right now. Just telling you this is letting the hurt out. I told you i liked you the other day. That was a lie". I paused for a moment. I looked at Dianne who was confused.
"That was a lie because Dianne, i don't like you. I love you, I really do".
I suddenly felt a pair of smooth lips crash into mine. We pulled apart smiling from ear to ear until i heard a slight whisper.
"I, i love you too Joe, more than anything. Im so sorry".
We both just stood there for a while smiling. Looking deep into each others eyes, still making eye contact as i lifted her up, bridal style snd carried her to my room.

I laid her down on my bed, she dragged me on top of her and kissed me so passionately. She started to rip off my shirt as i did the same for her and one thing led to another, it felt right. This is what was meant to happen. I really did love this girl. Even after everything. I cant imagine anything without her and i hoped she felt the same.

A/N
Hey guys. This is quite a long chapter. Probably wont upload anything tomorrow. The flashback was kind of more just Dianne's PoV daydreaming and remembering what she did. I hope you all liked this chapter. 1 of my longest and favourite chapters xx